1. 2017 August the 25th

But US would be 08-25-2017 technically
  2. Why is the likes of u2gigs the opposite way round when you look for bootleg covers?
    YYYY-MM-DD, same when I type into google U.S. date format.
  3. I think that date is completely made up anyway, from the original letter sent there is no way you can make out 17/08.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Why is the likes of u2gigs the opposite way round when you look for bootleg covers?
    YYYY-MM-DD, same when I type into google U.S. date format.
    It's the ISO Date format.
  5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    All I can say is, read the article on U2gigs. Most of that might be something I could have said.

But since we're so close to the single release (maybe tomorrow?!), feel free to ask and I might answer.

Well, here's one you should be able to answer Have you spoken to anyone of the band? I've heard Luis (guy from Lisbon) spoke to Bono for 15min outside the venue. Aparantly Bono asked him what he thinks they should do next He really is that insecure...
    So, hopefully you've had some similar talks to Edge/Adam/Larry/Bono

P.S. Sorry I wasn't able to reach out to you in Brussels!
  6. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

Well, here's one you should be able to answer Have you spoken to anyone of the band? I've heard Luis (guy from Lisbon) spoke to Bono for 15min outside the venue. Aparantly Bono asked him what he thinks they should do next He really is that insecure...
    So, hopefully you've had some similar talks to Edge/Adam/Larry/Bono

P.S. Sorry I wasn't able to reach out to you in Brussels!
    I think (if that's true) that's more trying to get a read on the fans and not that he's looking for actual advice. They probably have the next five years planned out already lol.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I think (if that's true) that's more trying to get a read on the fans and not that he's looking for actual advice. They probably have the next five years planned out already lol.
    He's a reliable source!
    Well, not too sure about that... Ofcourse one fan won't change their ideas, but it's at least remarkable. And all those listening parties, the shifting deadlines, the beach clips (they're playing loud on purpose) The Best Thing being played by Kygo one year ago (no way that was an accident)... I really believe the band (especially Bono) is very insecure. They have been for years.
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]
    He's a reliable source!
    Well, not too sure about that... Ofcourse one fan won't change their ideas, but it's at least remarkable. And all those listening parties, the shifting deadlines, the beach clips (they're playing loud on purpose) The Best Thing being played by Kygo one year ago (no way that was an accident)... I really believe the band (especially Bono) is very insecure. They have been for years.
    That's a good point. I've always wondered if the beach parties and now these listening parties were for Bono's adulation or insecurity :p who really knows!

Not that I'm anywhere NEAR Bono, but I know when I've put out music and let people listen it's always been a bit of both. It's awesome to hear people say it's good, but you're also needing them to say it because you're so unsure yourself, you know? Could definitely see Bono being that way haha.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    That's a good point. I've always wondered if the beach parties and now these listening parties were for Bono's adulation or insecurity :p who really knows!

Not that I'm anywhere NEAR Bono, but I know when I've put out music and let people listen it's always been a bit of both. It's awesome to hear people say it's good, but you're also needing them to say it because you're so unsure yourself, you know? Could definitely see Bono being that way haha.
    Exactly
    I don't know if Bono said it, or another rockstar, but, "Feeling the urge to hear thousands of people screaming that they love you every now and then must be the pinnacle of insecurity".
    Btw, kinda ironic they're calling it songs of EXPERIENCE when they needed to test them on, by now, hundreds of people first

Anyway, sliding off topic again...
    Despite my personal concerns of their insecurity, I'm still hyped though!
  10. Any chance of a new single tomorrow? It is Bono and Ally's anniversary week and The Best Thing is about her am i right?
  11. Most sources point to the 8th of september, but, who knows...