1. I can see the tour spoilers now…

"Man, the strobe lights and visual effects were almost SCARY during EBW!!!"
  2. How do I get the digital booklet?
  3. It is available to download with the album. If you're struggling though, we do have a topic regarding the booklet that has a link to the .pdf file in it.

http://we.tl/ZmQEkistH5
  4. Very funny collection of tweets wondering "who is U2?"
    https://storify.com/ichris/who-is-u2

Building on that, I, personally, appreciate the free album via iTunes but TOTALLY disagree with them automatically pushing it to every iTunes user.

Yes, all of us are U2 fans here, but can you imagine waking up to find a band you hate, don't like, or don't know just added themselves into your library? Not only is this head shaking hubris from U2 thinking people WANT this from them, it's opening them up to gaining more enemies than fans. ESPECIALLY if you see how hard it is to delete these songs from your library!

Okay, let's say Miley Cyrus did this to everyone. I hate Miley Cyrus, and every time a song of hers that I find impossible to delete shows up when I shuffle my albums, I would swear till I'm blue and ask for a painful death upon everyone involved in doing this to me.

So, my long rant of saying thank you for the free album, but get an ego check U2: this really rubs people the wrong way. A LOT of people.
  5. I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about one album being on their iTunes. Just ignore it.
  6. That's the thing - they can't ignore it. And it's nearly impossible to delete. So lets say you don't like U2 and want to ignore it - but you press shuffle on your device...perhaps the first song that will come up is a U2 song because it's streaming from the cloud.

Another way to look at this - let's say a picture you find offensive just suddenly appeared in your photo library because Apple put it there for promotional reasons. And you can't delete it. Every time you are sharing photos with someone, scrolling through, BAM - there is that offensive picture that you CAN'T get rid of in your photo library.

How annoying would that be? We are U2 fans - by the nature of this band I think we're an empathetic group of people. Here I feel empathy for people that were given this, don't want it, and can't get rid of it, thus can't ignore it.

And man, if I were on the fence about U2, I'd really hate them now.
  7. But is that the case for everyone? I had to actually download it into my computer and my girlfriend's and my mom's iPod...
  8. Kris - ultimately depends on what your settings are. Personally I don't see any difference to that fact that Apple is always updating bits and pieces on your phone. If you aren't smart enough to turn off the 'auto-download' setting and don't want this to appear then its really your fault!
  9. Someone on my Facebook just posted this photo with the caption 'mind blown, what is happening?'

Where to a friend of hers replied:

'
    Hahaha.
    It was announced at the iPhone 6/apple watch event that U2 would release their new album completely for free. In conjunction with apple, everyone with an iPhone got it.
    I dont like u2, but that's kinda cool.

Easy to delete if you dont want it.'

Their plan worked.