1. Really? Costa Rica hasn't showed anything special imo. Ruiz and Campbell are good players but other than that I haven't seen anything special.

The Netherlands played a lot better (second half) than in the other matches, so I really hope this will be continued. Don't see much problems against Costa Rica, they had a huge advantage against Italy which was the heat. And it suprised me they didn't beat Greece in the normal time, for me Greece was one of the weakest teams in this WC.

The quarter finals are looking good. Brazil - Columbia, Germany - France and Argentina - Belgium could be great matches. Normaly these times will go trough

And with all respect to Costa Rica, great peformances until now, no doubt about that. But it's not a team you want to see in the semi finals, I want to see the best teams in the WC.
    Last thing. Robben indeed is a diver, but it was a penalty and so was the one at the end of the first half. But imo Mexico also deserved a penalty with Herrera in the first half.
  2. Costa Rica hasn't shown anything special? A team that was virtually considered as the worst of its group, a team that's defeated Uruguay and Italy and tied with England? Really? Which are the "best teams" for you, the ones with the biggest names and the biggest amount of luck (Brazil, Holland) despite their game quality? Or the ones that simply play the best (Mexico, Germany, Colombia, Italy, Costa Rica) despite their name? I want to watch some good football (which is being played by some of the teams I've said in the 2nd group), and I don't give a damn about who wears each t-shirt
  3. By the way... Any predictions for the final? Argentina or Holland vs Brazil seems to be the general opinion.
  4. Germany, Columbia, Mexico have made the biggest impression on me, as in the most fun to watch. Netherlands, Costa Rica and France weren't really fun to watch but they look very (don't know how to say it) secure or something.

Like I said, amazing peformance by Costa Rica, don't get me wrong. Great that a team full of unknown players to most of us can beat Italy and Uruguay. But the matches I've seen of them didn't make a big impression on me. Last night for example . And I do believe Uruguay and Costa Rica had the luck of the cities they played in. It was clear that Italy couldn't make a fist and really suffered from the heat.

For the final, I think Germany - Argentina. That was what I predicted with friends and I still believe it will be the final.
    Brazil could go out if they keep playing like this against Columbia or else against Germany or France. And I think Argentina will show the weakness of the defence of the Dutch team.
  5. I also believe that the fact that they are the underdog helps for sympathy. Its just cool that a unknown team could beat bigger teams and get in to the next round. I also was really happy they managed to hold on to the draw and won the penalty shout out yesterday.
  6. Originally posted by bartajax:Germany, Columbia, Mexico have made the biggest impression on me, as in the most fun to watch. Netherlands, Costa Rica and France weren't really fun to watch but they look very (don't know how to say it) secure or something.

Like I said, amazing peformance by Costa Rica, don't get me wrong. Great that a team full of unknown players to most of us can beat Italy and Uruguay. But the matches I've seen of them didn't make a big impression on me. Last night for example . And I do believe Uruguay and Costa Rica had the luck of the cities they played in. It was clear that Italy couldn't make a fist and really suffered from the heat.

For the final, I think Germany - Argentina. That was what I predicted with friends and I still believe it will be the final.
    Brazil could go out if they keep playing like this against Columbia or else against Germany or France. And I think Argentina will show the weakness of the defence of the Dutch team.

Hope Messi God heard you !!

I think Colombia could be a finalist. Of course this part of the cup is very predictable.

About Costa Rica : sure it was a surprise but they played against teams in a very bad moments . Uruguay , Italy were really bad and England was playing for nothing so ... and agaisnt Greece they didn t a great match. The same the first 60 minutes against Uruguay
  7. for the cup ( and for FIFA ) the best is Holland to win , but for me is Costa Rica
  8. How can you say Germany are a side that play the best despite their name? Germany are amongst the favourites at every tournament. And while we're there, how can you say Italy play the best? Italy were poor. Costa Rica were excellent in the second half against Uruguay, but ultimately capitalised on defensive errors. Mexico were poor against Cameroon and if it wasn't for Ochoa, they would've comfortably lost to Brazil and arguably Holland. In fact, I'm surprised Mexico qualified head of Croatia.

Costa Rica were average last night against Greece and not much better against England. If it wasn't for the red card, they might have held on in 90 minutes. But after that, Greece did everything but score a second to deserve qualification.
  9. Originally posted by iTim:How can you say Germany are a side that play the best despite their name? Germany are amongst the favourites at every tournament. And while we're there, how can you say Italy play the best? Italy were poor. Costa Rica were excellent in the second half against Uruguay, but ultimately capitalised on defensive errors. Mexico were poor against Cameroon and if it wasn't for Ochoa, they would've comfortably lost to Brazil and arguably Holland. In fact, I'm surprised Mexico qualified head of Croatia.

Costa Rica were average last night against Greece and not much better against England. If it wasn't for the red card, they might have held on in 90 minutes. But after that, Greece did everything but score a second to deserve qualification.

i didn t watch Costa Rica vs England but i read that Englande deserved to win , is this right?
  10. No, both teams played it safe. Costa Rica didn't need to strain themselves, after all they only needed a tie to win the group. And England was not really tryin' for anything.

Costa Rica probably won't make it to the semifinals. Not because they can't, but because FIFA won't allow it. This is a small third world country, we don't have enough money to fill the stadiums in the semifinals.

I hope Colombia kicks out Brazil. Also I hope Argentina falls in the way. Without Messi they are nothing.
    I hope for a Germany - Netherlands final
  11. I included them there because of their great play, not because of their name, they were the exception of that group. Sorry for the misunderstanding Tim!

Chris, how do you think the FIFA can do something like that? You mean with referee help and stuff?
  12. Originally posted by DerBFreund:No, both teams played it safe. Costa Rica didn't need to strain themselves, after all they only needed a tie to win the group. And England was not really tryin' for anything.

Costa Rica probably won't make it to the semifinals. Not because they can't, but because FIFA won't allow it. This is a small third world country, we don't have enough money to fill the stadiums in the semifinals.

I hope Colombia kicks out Brazil. Also I hope Argentina falls in the way. Without Messi they are nothing.
    I hope for a Germany - Netherlands final

Sure. Just like Webb helped Brazil saturday?