1. I love how he sounds really tired when he says "I can't fight you anymore...it's you I'm fighting for."
  2. I literally can't stop listening to this song. I think it's a combination of being hungry for new U2 material combined with how catchy and deceptively simple these lyrics are.

And again, that chorus. I really, really like the chorus. It just flows so well.

I will agree with what people are saying regarding the drums and Edge's more restrained approach in this song, but I think this is a situation where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Everything seems to have its place and those different parts work together very well.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I'll be honest, I fucking love how this sounds, and I'd be happy if the album took the same approach to soundscapes. I love those synths and atmospheric sounds, the rhodes and stuff.

And I do think that this will be the direction they take with the album, maybe just a bit more creatively though. This song was a one-off, but it's clear it's a Danger Mouse song, and this is his style. It reminds me of UF U2, and I love it.

I'm not even disliking what Edge is doing, it's actually Larry I'm a little disappointed in. This straight up sounds like a drum machine, there's not much going on creatively here. Maybe Larry is finally bored enough with 4/4 that he's phoning it in, or again, maybe because this was a one-off for the movie they're just holding all the great stuff back for the album.

Either way, as a taster, and that's what I'm taking it as, it gets me excited. As a song for a film, and as U2's first song since (IMO) the mostly abysmal NLOTH (apart from live) and their past efforts over the last 10 or so years, this is freakin' great.

we think so much alike alex haha ya i feel the exact same. hate the drums in this. but love it. sounds like they could do another POP. that i would love.

4. I submitted it to UG, they just take some days to verify al submissions. It should be available for everyone between tomorrow and Monday.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I submitted it to UG, they just take some days to verify al submissions. It should be available for everyone between tomorrow and Monday.

Here it is anyway (don't spread the link):

Online watchable version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59361597/Ordinary%20Love%20(1).txt
    Downloadable version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59361597/Ordinary%20Love.txt

(if you download the watchable version or watch the downloadable one, chords won't be in their right places).
  6. Yeah I definitely get a small Unforgettable Fire vibe, which makes sense since Danger Mouse can be really atmospheric at times with his production. I've definitely been listening to this a few times a day since it's premiered. and the casual fans I've shown it to have thought the song is awesome and "majestic" which bodes well. I remember showing Boots to some casual fans I know and well... it didn't end well
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:
    Also, I really enjoy how Bono sings the 2nd verse, the "Birds fly high in the summer sky and rest on the breeze... The same wind will take care of you and I will build our house in the trees", he gives some different rhythm to the words than we're used to. It's proving to be a mess to sing, I still can't get it right

I really really love Bono's voice and the way he sings on this one !
    And that's been a while actually.
  8. There I go. One take, no edits... Just as it is.

My love for this band is no ordinary love

9. You should shave your face. Otherwise it's great!
  10. just thought I would add that one of the local radio stations is now playing "Ordinary Love"... Q100.3 in Victoria,BC,Canada played a good portion of the full version 3 days ago and has it posted on their website.
    Q is awesome at playing U2.. this morning, IWF was played!

http://www.theq.fm/now/q-soundcheck-0222-u2/
  11. M80 Radio (famous Spanish radio station) played Ordinary Love this evening too. I don't listen to "real" radio anymore, but they announced it on Twitter
  12. That's actually exactly how I imagined they would play this song live (acoustically) if they ever do. Bravo Sergio.