1. Must admit it's catchy.
  2. For me , it sounds a bit like the Aslan cover.
  3. Am I the only one who doesn't get the Aslan connection at all? Musically it's pretty much nothing like that song, and tonally it's not really either, especially with what the Edge is doing..

The only similarity is that it's U2 playing it.
  4. Heard it now a few times but it doesn't do it for me.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Am I the only one who doesn't get the Aslan connection at all? Musically it's pretty much nothing like that song, and tonally it's not really either, especially with what the Edge is doing..

+1
  6. Agree
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Am I the only one who doesn't get the Aslan connection at all? Musically it's pretty much nothing like that song, and tonally it's not really either, especially with what the Edge is doing..

To be honest, I just listened to the Aslan cover once, when it was out. I couln't even hum it right now if I wanted to. So... +1, I don't get it either
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Am I the only one who doesn't get the Aslan connection at all? Musically it's pretty much nothing like that song, and tonally it's not really either, especially with what the Edge is doing..

Well, they have similar production, more Bono falsetto than we're used to lately and quite stereotypical guitar work from Edge. But I do agree they're not as similar as people make them out to be.

Sergio, you should listen to it more, it's good..
  9. Ordinary Love is good, not brilliant, but fine enough for me. I agree with many people here re the drums as they sound artificial - ie, they don't show off Larry's talents as a drummer. I don't have a problems with Bono's vocals, I don't see at all how they are overdone. His lyrics are as always superb. Edge sounded alright but could have more involvement.

I see this song finding its way somehow onto the new album - either as a filler or as a bonus track. It sort of resembles 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet': they released that roughly six months before ATYCLB then it was a bonus track on some editions. I hope if it does end up being on the new album, it's a bonus track. However, this song to me implies that U2 are sounding similar to this on their new album. Just a gut feeling.

I listened to that Aslan cover again. I enjoy it, however I don't get the connection either, Alex.
  10. ^ +1 to the first paragraph.
    +1 to the second.
    +1 to the third too

Also, I really enjoy how Bono sings the 2nd verse, the "Birds fly high in the summer sky and rest on the breeze... The same wind will take care of you and I will build our house in the trees", he gives some different rhythm to the words than we're used to. It's proving to be a mess to sing, I still can't get it right
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:^ spot on, Dan

To all guitar-player fellows out there... I've got down the song chords and sent them to several guitar guitar sites already; it's pretty easy to get right, but if you want me to post it on the Guitar thread just ask

I'm also doing an acoustic cover of the song tomorrow. I like it that much

Do post it. Didn't find them on Ultimate Guitar or by Googling.