1. I really like it and that video is the best lyric video I've seen.
    Agree the fade is likely because it's on a soundtrack.
  2. Neil McCormick ‏@neil_mccormick 1h
    Ordinary Love is a bit, er, ordinary, love. I guess U2 are saving the good stuff for their own album.
  3. The drums are so bad. Solo is so bad. At least is has a decent chorus. They should release it as a single anyway to put themselves out there again. A bit of airtime while the movie is being hyped.
  4. Originally posted by celtic:Some interesting parts... Especially the intro is quite promising - very William Orbit style, who I think did a great job on mixing Electrical Storm...

At around 2.30 and for the next minute or so - New Order anybody?

Yep, been listening to crystal again today
  5. For the first time in my life, I have actually found U2 music to be flat-out bad. I wish they never released this. It is a stain on their catalogue already.
  6. Originally posted by dylbagz:For the first time in my life, I have actually found U2 music to be flat-out bad. I wish they never released this. It is a stain on their catalogue already.

With all respect, but when you favourite U2 album is ATYCLB how can you so strongly dislike this? It is a pretty typical past 2000 U2 songs imo.

I still hope they will do something we don't expect for the new album, but honestly I think they will release a Coldplayish album.
  7. Doesn't sound like ATYCLB to me at all. Sounds like it belongs on Mylo Xyloto or X&Y in my opinion ?
  8. Originally posted by bartajax:With all respect, but when you favourite U2 album is ATYCLB how can you so strongly dislike this? It is a pretty typical past 2000 U2 songs imo.

hahahaha,

9. Originally posted by djrlewis:I really like it and that video is the best lyric video I've seen.
    Agree the fade is likely because it's on a soundtrack.

Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:Man, I don't know if it is because I spent the last 5 years without anything new from our guys...but I really love it!

So good to feel Bono touching my soul again with this chorus

Originally posted by pleasegone:It's a fine song. Sure it has memories of Beautiful Day and Electrical Storm, and it's not as strong as those songs, but it's my favorite band, and I love it. I love them, and I can't wait for the new album. This will do fine until that day, for they may have given us an "Ordinary Song," but my love for their music will never be classified as an "Ordinary Love."

I find myself completely agreeing with this 3 posts, specially with Aidan. Maybe we're biased for the lack of studio material in almost 5 years, but... Damn, I really love it.
  10. Urrgh it's just MORE of the same isn't it.... Electrical storm mk2.. Is this REALLY all their capable of these days?!

13 years of this and still no sign of any of that changing... Two and a half albums of pure disappointment for me..

The only good thing about the song is the bass. Yet more uninspired, soulless work from Larry, more unimaginative 'standard U2' sounding guitar work from Edge and obviously more Bono-cringe at it's finest...

I keep telling myself they simply MUST have one more great album in them and will reserve final judgement until i've heard the new album but if this is the way it's going to be for the rest of their career...

I HATE Coldplay...!