1. Love it. Edge's solo (or whatever that is) is the weakest part of it. And that fade out, damn.

And that video is just so beautiful. Really, really nice pop song. It won't end up on any kind of greatest hits, but it's nice to hear them after four years.
  2. I doubt this is too much of an indicator about the album's sound. Remember the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack? It's going to be similar but different in a good way

I love having a new U2 song to listen to though OMG I'm not going to be that critical like I was last time they returned from a long gap. Let's just enjoy the song for what it is
  3. That's exactly what I'm doing, I must be around the 10th listen now I really like it. Maybe I'm just biased by it being their first studio material in AGES, or I'm biased because it was written for+about Nelson Mandela, but I truly like this, and having the single will be a money well spent.
  4. After hearing it about ten times in a row:
    It is so exciting to hear Bono's voice on a new song! I really like the chorus.
    Not a big fan of the bridge thou, sounds too much like U2 from 1984. Also I think it fades out too quickly.

I hope the new U2 album has the same positive feel about it. More piano please!!!
  5. Originally posted by superkev:The way I see it is that it's a nice pre album catchy song to whet the appetite. I feel that too may are expecting Achtung Baby 2 and maybe we should embrace a new pop sounding album. ( not pop the album but you know what I mean).

I wouldn't hate that...
  6. I loved it, catchy!
  7. As I thought from the cinema clip, music is alright, lyrics and Bono are not for me. I actually like Edge, think he suits the track well. Adam is terrific as usual. Drums are pathetic, band should be ashamed. Hope Bono forgets to sing like he does here. And I really hope it's not on the album in any form.
  8. Not even trying to be vindictive, but I'd honestly say: get used to it man.
  9. Man, I don't know if it is because I spent the last 5 years without anything new from our guys...but I really love it!

So good to feel Bono touching my soul again with this chorus
  10. I'll go ahead and say that fade-out and perhaps the length of the song in general is due to it being a sound-track version. IF this song is to be on the album, and I still wouldn't be surprised if it will be, I feel like it might be a bit longer nad perhaps a different mix.
  11. It's a fine song. Sure it has memories of Beautiful Day and Electrical Storm, and it's not as strong as those songs, but it's my favorite band, and I love it. I love them, and I can't wait for the new album. This will do fine until that day, for they may have given us an "Ordinary Song," but my love for their music will never be classified as an "Ordinary Love."