1. OK...here's something about perspective too (and it doesn't look pretty, I have to admit ), the seating map of Arnhem:

I couldn't find one of Amsterdam, but I assume it will not be that much different as far as the GA is concerned.

"Normal" GA will get you no further than half way across the pitch...

Will have to consider Premium - or even "No Filter" ...(thank God I'm Dutch...)

Prices:
    G.A. Standing 108.90 EUR*
    Premium G.A. Standing 190.00 EUR*
    No Filter Pit 235.00 EUR*

Seated 205.00 EUR*
    Seated 145.00 EUR*
    Seated 104.50 EUR*

*incl. 10.00 EUR fees
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:OK...here's something about perspective too (and it doesn't look pretty, I have to admit ), the seating map of Arnhem:

[image]
    I couldn't find one of Amsterdam, but I assume it will not be that much different as far as the GA is concerned.

"Normal" GA will get you no further than half way across the pitch...

Will have to consider Premium - or even "No Filter" ...(thank God I'm Dutch...)

Prices:
    G.A. Standing 108.90 EUR*
    Premium G.A. Standing 190.00 EUR*
    No Filter Pit 235.00 EUR*

Seated 205.00 EUR*
    Seated 145.00 EUR*
    Seated 104.50 EUR*

*incl. 10.00 EUR fees
    That's a new low for gigs surely? I'd hate it if u2 did that, I'd probably still pay the premium or pit but would be grudgingly. (For u2 that is)
  3. Indeed that's a new low. ALmost half of the GA space reserved for 190€ tix... wow

@Joyce, agreed with everything. All I said (or wanted to say maybe) is that, while I am a fan and would love love love to see them live one day, I can not push myself to that level of compromise you're talking about - and I don't think that claiming this makes me a fun-spoiler I am glad you and thousands of others are able to reach that compromise and I'm pretty sure they will be great shows and you'll have lots of fun.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Indeed that's a new low. ALmost half of the GA space reserved for 190€ tix... wow

@Joyce, agreed with everything. All I said (or wanted to say maybe) is that, while I am a fan and would love love love to see them live one day, I can not push myself to that level of compromise you're talking about - and I don't think that claiming this makes me a fun-spoiler I am glad you and thousands of others are able to reach that compromise and I'm pretty sure they will be great shows and you'll have lots of fun.

Sergio, I'm just glad you changed my perspective (and I'm glad too that you didn't push the argument with my newly discovered information: 380 for GA is...well...kinda outrageous... - just a little bit, but still, I guess I had to admit... )

In fact your perspective helped me a bit to suffer from the blow that a "decent" GA ticket will cost at least 190 EUR...
    Because I REALLY want to see The Stones one last time

And from my perspective: I have seen them twice in 1990. Twice 1995, in 1998 and something like 14 times during Licks 2003 (including L'Olympia, The Astoria, and Vredenburg Utrecht) + 6 or 7 Bigger Bangs...

The last time I saw them was Slane 2007 (or 6?) and for a long time I thought that that was indeed the last time. But inspired, I guess, by Blue & Lonesome and the Olé, Olé, Olé South American documentary (highly recommended!), I'm ready for the final...whatever

But first let's see what will become available @ Friday 10 a.m. (and at least it is good to know the options...)

From the good ol' days:

5. It's never "final" or "last time" with The Stones. They will keep touring well past this decade I reckon
  6. True. With The Stones it's uncharted territory.

They will try to outlive the Queen, I think...

But I think it's final with me (like I thought 10 years ago... )
  7. There are rumours that they would do Dublin (Croke Park). But the money was a problem.
  8. I really wan't to see them live. Before they die. But man..... I'm not ready to spend such a big percentage of my monthly wage on one single ticket. Thank goodness U2 doesn't do anymore than Red Zone's when it comes to dividing the field.

No filter my ass.
  9. The money? They have more money than all of Ireland combined
  10. Yes sure, they have. Crazy so expensive. I won't get a ticket. 2 U2 tx = 1 RS tx That says enough. I saw them already twice in Hannover and Amsterdam.