1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    120€ is ok for you? Well I guess it depends on the standard salary for each country, as 120€ aren't worth the same in Ireland than in the Netherlands than in Spain or Greece. But 120€ for a GA is outrageous specially for bands that play less than or just around 2 hours, like the Stones do. 120€ for a 4 hour set full of rarities like other bands do, I could do with , but for standard static sets... No thanks.

I'm ok with you liking it though
    Why should it have anything to do with standard salary? I think it has to do with supply and demand. And what you are getting is a good time singing and dancing. As far as I'm concerned, it mainly has to do with sentiment and everyone can take it as far as they want. Why do people pay hundreds of euros/dollars for collectable vinyl? It's all sentiment. And about making choices.
    Granted, 120 euro is not cheap, but outrageous? Nah...
  2. will try to buy tix to Muenchen
  3. It's what Dijsselbloem said with saying eurozone countries wasted money on ‘alcohol and women’
  4. willing to pay 100-120 bucks if it means I'll see them one more time again after I did...20 years ago my dad brought me up with the stones. it'd be a shame if I missed this.

me & a colleague will try to snatch tickets saturday morning for düsseldorf. fingers crossed
  5. No UK dates dissapointing.......
  6. Ha! GA prices for Holland are incl service fees So it is "only" € 108,90 for GA...
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Why should it have anything to do with standard salary? I think it has to do with supply and demand. And what you are getting is a good time singing and dancing. As far as I'm concerned, it mainly has to do with sentiment and everyone can take it as far as they want. Why do people pay hundreds of euros/dollars for collectable vinyl? It's all sentiment. And about making choices.
    Granted, 120 euro is not cheap, but outrageous? Nah...
    It does have everything to do with salary. Average year income (gross) in Germany is around €47K, around €49K in The Netherlands and around €26K in Spain... but Stones GAs will be ~120€ for all countries. Do you really, really, REALLY think it doesn't matter?

Really?
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It does have everything to do with salary. Average year income (gross) in Germany is around €47K, around €49K in The Netherlands and around €26K in Spain... but Stones GAs will be ~120€ for all countries. Do you really, really, REALLY think it doesn't matter?

Really?
    Look, I understand the sentiment and even acknowledge the danger of the unbalance within the EU regarding the social-economic situation (it’s not just income). And it is also clear that a GA ticket of € 108,90 / € 120,- (whatever) looks different from a Spanish perspective than from a German/Dutch perspective – or even French. True.

So I adjust my perspective and look at my anticipated GA as if it would cost me double: € 220,- (I do take the actual price now – it’s substantial). And yes, that certainly looks different. But I still want to go, because at this point of my life it means something special to me. Something with my identity, beliefs, etc., etc. (any emotional argument will do in fact).
    It's clear: I have to compromise. When I go to the Stones, I can not do something else. Simple as that. And it’s clear that one has to have a certain monthly salary to effort going to a concert. But all I’m saying is that, even with € 220,- for GA, it is obtainable. And it that sense not outrageous.
    And mind you, with the same perspective I had to pay € 180,- for 1 single JT2017 GA (and I’m going twice…). Is that outrageous too?

Is travelling abroad to see U2 open up Vancouver outrageous? To many not-U2 fans it probably looks that way. But amongst fans? I think most of us “die-hard” fans understand that one choose to do so. I know people who have done such a thing by saving money ten years to be able to so. I also know people who call their broker and ask to plan a 15 show itinerary.

Perspective? obviously!
    Salary?…of course
    Priority?…damn right

Social inequality? ...has it ever been different? It's one of the reasons why I dig The Stones and U2: emancipation of the working & middle class! We do not need excessive wealth to live happy and satisfactory lives. Just a record player and some tunes to dance/cry/make love on/over!

Outrageous? …nah
  9. Failed to get tickets for Netherlands, I think there weren't any normal GA tickets for the pre sale
  10. 108 Eur for GA is stupidly high, but it's the Stones. If they played in Scotland and prices were that high, i'd be a bit annoyed, but would pay it, just because it's the Stones!
  11. Bummer! Did you try via the app, or American Express?

Doesn't look good for the general sale