1. I was hoping this topic was for U2 fans who ALSO like The Rolling Stones. And, like me, wanting to share this passion too...but alas. All I see is complaints about what is wrong

If the Stones are not your passion, please not spoil the fun here ("U2 are better than The Stones...na-na nah-nah..." seriously? Is this the level of communication for you?)
    If you want to discuss ticket marketing and ticket pricing, please bring it to a designated topic (and I can assure you, the prices are not set by the Stones but by the promoters).
    And I know, some people think bands like The Stones should play for free...
    (The Stones played Havana FOR FREE and then U2 played iHeart? )

Come on...

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
  2. Outrageous prices are outrageous prices, whether it's for Stones ticktes, U2 tickets or Adidas clothes, I don't think you have to be more or less passionate about a band to realize when their ticket prices are outrageous. I'd love to see The Stones live before they eventually retire in 2057, but not at that price And acknowledging that doesn't make me a fun-spoiler or anything...

just my $ 0'02
  3. I don't think € 120,- for GA (incl. 10,- "service") or € 92,- for a seat is outrageous... At least these are the prices in Holland.
    Lucca is a festival, not?

Of course, the are also all sorts of premium packages ranging from 250 to 800, but that gives you the premium extra's (like backstage and stuff like that)

Bottom line: if I can get a GA ticket for € 120,- I'm totally happy and I might even buy that € 40,- t-shirt
  4. Ah! I just learned that the "No Filter pit" is a special front of stage area. Obviously there is a demand for it and such a pit just seems fit for 50,000 people...
  5. Never seen them and i'm not a fan of them but i want to try to go to Amsterdam.

Any chance with the sell on friday?
  6. Originally posted by one8ung:Never seen them and i'm not a fan of them but i want to try to go to Amsterdam.

Any chance with the sell on friday?
    I just don't know. I think Arnhem will have a better chance than Amsterdam because I expect a lot of interest from abroad for Amsterdam.
    And Germans in the west will probably favor Dusseldorf over Arnhem.
    But for all Stones concert are American express and fanclub pre-sales...so I expect a though sale (and if not, all the better).

Good luck!
  7. It's a bit rubbish that they've not announced anything in the UK. Let alone Scotland!
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:I don't think € 120,- for GA (incl. 10,- "service") or € 92,- for a seat is outrageous... At least these are the prices in Holland.
    Lucca is a festival, not?

Of course, the are also all sorts of premium packages ranging from 250 to 800, but that gives you the premium extra's (like backstage and stuff like that)

Bottom line: if I can get a GA ticket for € 120,- I'm totally happy and I might even buy that € 40,- t-shirt
    120€ is ok for you? Well I guess it depends on the standard salary for each country, as 120€ aren't worth the same in Ireland than in the Netherlands than in Spain or Greece. But 120€ for a GA is outrageous specially for bands that play less than or just around 2 hours, like the Stones do. 120€ for a 4 hour set full of rarities like other bands do, I could do with , but for standard static sets... No thanks.

I'm ok with you liking it though

9. +1, not a fan but I have to see them live.
  10. Had the good fortune to see them twice, once in Glasgow and once at MSG. I would say they are class act and a must see live act at least once if you are able to get and afford a ticket. Obviously not quite as good as a live U2 show though ?
  11. The rumour is a 2018 UK tour... Perhaps that is the reason...
  12. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I just don't know. I think Arnhem will have a better chance than Amsterdam because I expect a lot of interest from abroad for Amsterdam.
    And Germans in the west will probably favor Dusseldorf over Arnhem.
    But for all Stones concert are American express and fanclub pre-sales...so I expect a though sale (and if not, all the better).

Good luck!
    Amsterdam is much closer for me and it is on a Saterday...