1. At least the 'remastering', if indeed there was any - and most of the Stones albums were remastered in both 1994 and 2009 - didn't cause these songs to be over-compressed.

Still happy to finally get Anybody Seen My Baby in good quality, even if it's an edited version. Ronnie - what was the design like (booklet, photos etc) for the boxset?
  2. the design is exactly the same as the boxset of The Unforgettable Fire and The Josua Tree for dimension and all.
    inside there's a niche where the cds are put; they are separated in 3 different digipacks.
    one cardboard envelope with i think 5 prints of tour poster of different era (one of the '66 US tour)
    one hardcover book of .. uhm a 50 pages i think with photos of the band and images of memorabilia like stage costume of Jagger, his jackets and of Richards, guitars, images of other weird and kitschy stuff of the tours and not.
    and a ribbon to take things off the box hehe
  3. Who'd have thought size-wise eh. That's a cool design, shame about the concept.

Three CDs of various outtakes would have been a better choice but what was I thinking expecting something like that. They were doing so well with the Exile and Some Girls 'new' songs - Plundered My Soul is a great song!!! - and then they had to throw 'Grrr' out there.

But then I do like Doom And Gloom and One Last Shot. Now....new album time, speculations, thoughts - I'd love it to be like Aerosmith's last album where most of the band members - have a shot at vocals. Keith, Mick (of course) and also Woody. Don't know if Charlie would sing but no reason he can't.

Other than that, I heard something of a new Keef solo album. Hasn't been one of those since Main Offender has there?
  4. I wonder if Toronto will be part of the "US" tour?
  5. It will be. NME have always referred to a North American tour as US tour. I would be surprised if no Canadian city was in the tour.
  6. I suppose Scotland/Wales gets the same treatment with England, as does New Zealand with Australia.
  7. officially headlining glastonbury on the saturday night. mumford and sons (dear god) and arctic monkeys other nights.
  8. Rumour has it that US dates will be announced tomorrow.
  9. how much does a kidney sell for these days? I'm REALLY tempted to go even though I'm dirt broke and have to buy tickets to two separate shows this week
  10. Not even two kidneys could cover a Rolling Stones show. An announcement is due around now but there's nothing at the moment.