1. I like the colours and the seeming serenity of the location. My only criticism is that the beach is a little noisy. Second photo is excellent, I like how the path leads you in to the rather strange monument. Colours again are sublime.

Aidan, I urge you to post the photo of the tiger for those non-Flickr users.
  2. The second pic is excellent. Colours and composition are sublime. I also enjoy the weird monument too
  3. Thanks for the kind words friends.

And I'm still trying to figure out what this monument is or represents. My brother is living there, but he also doesn't have a clue...
  4. I gotta love, love, love the photos at night. One of my favorite style of pics, lights reflected on the water, dark skies and grounds and only faint light on the central part of the pic. They're so cute.

Two of my favorite at-night pics:

Dublin ♥
  5. Brilliant photos, Aidan First one is just superb, and I gotta love a tiger too

Sergio, great pics What's that yellow building and those red sticks, they look bizarre
  6. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:Thanks for the kind words friends.

And I'm still trying to figure out what this monument is or represents. My brother is living there, but he also doesn't have a clue...

"The 2002 Bali bombings occurred on 12 October 2002 in the tourist district of Kuta on the Indonesian island of Bali. The attack was claimed as the deadliest act of terrorism in the history of Indonesia according to the current police general, killing 202 people, (including 88 Australians, and 38 Indonesian citizens). A further 240 people were injured.

The attack involved the detonation of three bombs: a backpack-mounted device carried by a suicide bomber; a large car bomb, both of which were detonated in or near popular nightclubs in Kuta; and a third much smaller device detonated outside the United States consulate in Denpasar, causing only minor damage."

"On the northern side of Coogee Beach a memorial to the Bali bombing victims comprises three interlocking bronze shapes that have an abstract resemblance to three bowed figures supporting each other. There are also some graffiti memorials in memory of the dead."

7. Sergio, that second pic it's amazing! Also love night shots too, by the way.

Alexandra, thanks

Tim, thanks for the information! After reading it, the monument became even more beautiful for me.
  8. Originally posted by alexandra_t:Brilliant photos, Aidan First one is just superb, and I gotta love a tiger too

Sergio, great pics What's that yellow building and those red sticks, they look bizarre

The yellow building is the Custom House, one of the most famous buildings in Dublin. And the red sticks... well, I don't know what they are, but they're face to face with U2's studios
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

The yellow building is the Custom House, one of the most famous buildings in Dublin. And the red sticks... well, I don't know what they are, but they're face to face with U2's studios

It makes me want to go there even more now just to find out what they are... in front of
  10. Aidan and LikeASong - these are some brilliant photos!

11. ^ and that's another brilliant pic from you, Yogi! Where was it taken?