1. It's that time of year of final exams and the students that never show up to class suddenly reappear to take a test.
  2. That is something I have been known to do.
  3. But why do they do that? There is no mathematical possibility of passing, with 0s in the midterms.
  4. "But Professor, F is for fantastic, isn't it?"
  5. I skipped class because I knew I wouldn't gain anything from attending, but the module had to be completed in order to progress. I turned up to just the tests and came out with an 85%+ average, including 98% in the main exam (still annoys me to this day). But if you're not turning up and are running the risk of failure, then you're an idiot. I've done that once or twice as well, luckily it didn't have too much impact.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    I skipped class because I knew I wouldn't gain anything from attending, but the module had to be completed in order to progress. I turned up to just the tests and came out with an 85%+ average, including 98% in the main exam (still annoys me to this day). But if you're not turning up and are running the risk of failure, then you're an idiot. I've done that once or twice as well, luckily it didn't have too much impact.
    If you are getting good grades you can skip all the classes you want.
    What I don't understand is that I have students below 35% (they need 70% to pass), no chance in hell of passing, not attending class, and still they show up for the final. They will fail anyway, but I have to grade one more exam. That sucks. Just save us all the trouble and drop.
  7. Guys...

Where's Pato?
  8. He might replicate the Great Crash of 2012 when he returns to answer all the threads that he has missed.
  9. Originally posted by iTim:He might replicate the Great Crash of 2012 when he returns to answer all the threads that he has missed.
    Maybe his wife doesn't let him check U2start, like the other time.