1. I'm sure they will go on until they are in their 60's, and if they continue making great music I don't see any problem with that - as another member said: look at the Rolling Stones, they're still going strong!
  2. I think their next album and subsequent tour will be the LAST.
    The album will be published in late 2008 and the tour will be in 2009-10
  3. I think that U2 will release Songs of Ascent in 2010 finish the tour...release the best of 2001-2010... they will than rework some of unreleased stuff and unfinished songs...and release a special CD and they will relaunch POP and like...2014 they will do their good bye tour with a simple stage environmentally correct at smaller venues for true fans...then edge will become a mega producer and manager that will put out amazing young bands...bono will live for africa...larry and adam will open a rock bar together and will hang out there forever huahuahuah...that´s only because they can´t marry each other huahuhaha
  4. 50 years of U2 would be nice!

But I think they will do more 3 albuns and tours and stop.

Greetings from Brazil
  5. After what I've seenand heard they could easily go on like this for another 10 years...geez

They'll quit after this tour. No way they can top this anymore: stage is impossible to beat (cant get any bigger), the band is still on fire, best since ZooTV.
    But quiting after this tour means 5, maybe 6 legs in my eyes
  6. I'm afraid, when you look to the seize of this tour, it'll be their last...
    You simply CAN'T go any bigger from now on, or they'll have to bring their own stadium
    So if they're smart enough to stop on their highest point, they might say goodbye with this one
  7. didn't they say they'll stop when it feels right?

I'd say a couple more albums and maybe one more small tour.

they'll have to pull an Elevation tour and scale it down again after 360, coz going any bigger will be near impossible.

look at the Stones, they're not half getting on age-wise but they're still going at it.
  8. whats next? biggest tour ever... 2010 will be tour and Songs Of Ascent... maybe they'll stop after that but maybe they find the energy to make another album and come back with something even bigger.
  9. fact is, that if they stop after this tour, they really stop when they're still high
  10. I'd estimate it depends on the next album, say Songs of Ascent. If it turns out to be a big hit, they'll most likely continue, probably forever.

If SoA fizzles worse than NLOTH I'd guess they give us a farewell concert / DVD and put the band on hiatus for a few years... and give us a reunion in 2019. Hopefully with a new studio album and not just a greatest hits tour.

My 0.02$, as always. I'm usually wrong with my predictions.

Alex
  11. hmmm... good question. Part of why I'm going to 4 shows on this tour is that I kinda think that this is the last tour where they're not gonna seem like either has-beens or old guys trying too hard.

Next year? Songs Of Ascent and the 2nd leg of the tour. Then another album in 2013 or 14 that I don't really like. A small tour with that album, nothing like this, more like Elevation/Vertigo but with the same number of dates as this tour. Then they'll just fade off to the beach in France, never actually announcing a formal break up or retirement.

12. Maybe finally making real music again, like they did in the 90s...

lol, just kidding, I love Atomic Bomb and No Line, but POP is my fave