1. I think this band will end when members pass away, they are getting older and won't have the stamina to keep touring or being relevant. Anyway, I don't think relevance is important, as long as they make unique art. It won't always be U2 but they will do other things in the coming years.

Also I think Larry maybe is taking a longer break for other reasons, he started the band and maybe he will leave and end that original line up, who knows. They are four individual people with their own aspirations and ambitions, and have done well to agree on a lot of things together for nearly five decades. No matter what, I'll still be a fan of their work.
  2. Bono will go solo . He's already started that journey
  3. Early 2025 the rock Album
    2025 summer world tour lasting to 2027
    2026 SoA in between legs of the 2025 tour.

They'll hang it up after the tour
  4. Originally posted by bushido529:Early 2025 the rock Album
    2025 summer world tour lasting to 2027
    2026 SoA in between legs of the 2025 tour.

They'll hang it up after the tour
    Bram or Larry????
  5. My hope…get past the Sphere shows. Release new album in late 2024, tour in 2025 with Larry.

2026 release SOA and sign off as a band.

More than enough and gives them a chance to walk away without becoming what they used to mock anymore than they already have.
  6. Do we really want them to go out on SOA??

I'd rather they went out in a blaze of glory than a whimper.
  7. larry probably says F it...he has enough money, doesn't really like touring anymore, would rather be home and his wrists hurt..
  8. What’s a blaze of glory? Innocence Experience would have been the tour to do that. JT17 was them accepting revisits to the past.
  9. I've always thought that when they retire they should do so on the release of a final album called "Man".
  10. That would be the lamest thing ever