1. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:I was able to get cheap tickets to see Cut Copy and Sky Ferreira next month. First one is going to be great. Let's hope the same about the blond lady

Oh man I love Sky...great pop music, even if she does come off as a little trashy. Cut Copy have an amazing show right now as well, glad you'll be seeing it!
  2. Might go to Queens of the Stone Age tonight. They're playing Friday too, but it'd be more expensive...can't make up my mind.
  3. Arctic Monkeys this Satdy

4. I haven't followed their setlists or performances since months ago, but seriously enjoy it I'm sure they still kick asses!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I haven't followed their setlists or performances since months ago, but seriously enjoy it I'm sure they still kick asses!

Cheers I will , just had a look at the last few setlists, lots of new stuff last two shows have had 9 and 10 songs from AM.
  6. Just realised that Arctic Monkeys have brought 'Library Pictures' into the set, wow. That set has changed a fair bit since I saw them in Glasgow six months back.
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2:Just realised that Arctic Monkeys have brought 'Library Pictures' into the set, wow. That set has changed a fair bit since I saw them in Glasgow six months back.

Which was the last performance to date of Mardy Bum btw

I'm eventually glad I didn't make it to the Madrid' show, reviews weren't really positive and I didn't like the setlist at all. I took a look at their recent setlists and Library Pictures and Dancing Shoes are probably the only songs I would LIKE to see as of today; I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and Brianstorm sound too tired and slowed down (specially Dancefloor), and the rest of the set is not really interesting at all for me, too much soft stuff and too few greatness (aka Whatever / Nightmare) to keep me interested. I'm sure they still put on a hell of a show, but... Not my cup of tea anymore.
    I'm glad I attended this show: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2013/ippodromo-delle-capannelle-rome-italy-1bd95934.html in July, quite possibly the best post-2007 setlist I have seen (with the exception of Sheffield 2011).

Anyway, off with the rant... I'm sure you'll have a terrific time, Andrew
  8. seeing these guys soon, their 1st album is out soon this is the lead single, they are an amazing live band.

9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Which was the last performance to date of Mardy Bum btw

I'm eventually glad I didn't make it to the Madrid' show, reviews weren't really positive and I didn't like the setlist at all. I took a look at their recent setlists and Library Pictures and Dancing Shoes are probably the only songs I would LIKE to see as of today; I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and Brianstorm sound too tired and slowed down (specially Dancefloor), and the rest of the set is not really interesting at all for me, too much soft stuff and too few greatness (aka Whatever / Nightmare) to keep me interested. I'm sure they still put on a hell of a show, but... Not my cup of tea anymore.
    I'm glad I attended this show: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2013/ippodromo-delle-capannelle-rome-italy-1bd95934.html in July, quite possibly the best post-2007 setlist I have seen (with the exception of Sheffield 2011).

Anyway, off with the rant... I'm sure you'll have a terrific time, Andrew

Which is great because in my review of the Glasgow show, I panned 'Mardy Bum' (and half of the show for that matter). 'Dancefloor' and 'Brianstorm' sounded exhausted, the latter was just that little bit better. I preferred the 2011 show vastly.
  10. sorry - dpuble. . Damn mobile phone
  11. ^as the saying goes...great minds think alike :p
    I wish they released anotehr powerful, more direct indierock album again. Despite their efforts, they havent topped their 2 first albums, and I think they know this deep inside.
  12. A guy I'm friends with at uni mentioned that AM sounded lazy – Alex Turner has clearly gotten to the point where they thinks he can write almost anything and get away with it. He's supremely talented lyrically and the band know how to throw a song together effectively so they should fulfil their capabilities as musicians. AM was disappointing the more I listened to it and it just sounds half-arsed. I'm a huge fan of Humbug now and I think that has grown over time. They need to head in a direction that combines their first three albums so that fans don't disappear. It's not a band I will see again, unless they change drastically, which would tempt me to see them live for a third time.