2011-03-25 - Santiago
Tour: U2 360° Tour
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Gonna have to agree with the both of you. I noticed it a long time ago. Annoys the hell out of me.
  2. To me sometimes it sounds like that Bono wants to have all the attention
  3. Its a fact that he loves all the atention but until this tour I didnt find it anoying. But now it seems he thinks its a one man show, thats one of the reasons that there still isnt a new album and that EBW and North Star are without Larry and Adam. Thats what I think.
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:Its a fact that he loves all the atention but until this tour I didnt find it anoying. But now it seems he thinks its a one man show, thats one of the reasons that there still isnt a new album and that EBW and North Star are without Larry and Adam. Thats what I think.

It's easier for him to make it a one-man show with the distance he can now put between him and the rest of the band. They all have more room, so he has to carry the band since he's the frontman. I don't know if he's taking it too far or not...he clearly does love it though. Vertigo/Elevation were different because they were all relatively close together in a closed room for most of the shows...it just allowed things to be much more intimate. And when Vertigo hit stadiums in Europe for summer, they were used to playing indoor shows, and the feeling transferred outdoors.

I don't think his ego has anything to do with Adam and Larry not being in on NS or EBW though. I think that's just a matter of them not wanting to do it that way. Adam and Larry have to respect that acoustic songs/versions exist.
  5. I think he (&Edge) doesnt put enough time in the band and are more busy with projects like Spiderman. If they put more time into U2, there would be a new album and they would play more different songs.

I dont know if it makes sense what im saying
  6. You might not be (completely) right, but it makes complete sense.
  7. U2Gigs twitter:
    So according to Willie Mothers was intentionally snippeted to show that Chile has moved on from the horrors of the past.
    ◦So that naturally begs the question; will we see the same in Argentina? Will we ever see the song played in full again? What do you think?

8. Thanks for the speeedt bootleg`FAB...but gotta bring back Stingray!..
  9. Listening to the boot now, great fun so far; whilst I'm still a sucker for Elevation era UTEOTW, the Santiago version feels like it turns into a mini rock opera in its own right. Love it.
  10. Originally posted by bartajax:Dont know if its me, but in almost every live version of Beautiful Day I really dont like the voice of Bono. Dont think its a song that works very good live , although I love the album version.

Seemed to work well on Elevation... Vertigo versions werent too bad but yeh i agree with you on this tour it hasn't had the same flow and feel to it. May be the way Bono is singing it
  11. Originally posted by colbourne25:Seemed to work well on Elevation... Vertigo versions werent too bad but yeh i agree with you on this tour it hasn't had the same flow and feel to it. May be the way Bono is singing it

I loved the early versions on the tour with the strings intro., e.g. 1st leg and some of the 2nd? Think it's losing something by opening the show. Reckon it could work as an encore opener, but clearly, why would one bother when you've got UV or Hold Me, Thrill Me already doing the rounds? The South Bend version from 2001 worked because of the extended intro., but the way it sort of abruptly kicks in just takes something away from it. For the record, I love the way he sings it - better on this tour than during Vertigo, although during Elevation it had a freshness to it, and Bono went hell for leather even if his voice was being a bit crap of a night.