1. I agree with you both.

I don't know if you guys know their older, deeper, softer stuff, but there are some songs that fascinate me. Small lyrical masterpieces like No Buses, Baby I'm Yours, Despair In The Departure Lounge, Riot Van... I love playing them on guitar, more than any other of their songs. Regarding that, I'm also shamelessly posting my own cover of No Buses

2. Sometimes you remind me of Bono... You little megalomaniac
    Just kidding, you should indeed be proud you can play and sing
  3. You have just made my day with that comparison

Nah, just kidding. I love the Monkeys and I love playing their songs on guitar. I would record and upload covers of all their songs if I had the time (and a decent internet connection).
  4. After watching their peformance on Pinkpop this weekend on TV, I'm not really sure what to say. They are fantastisc and they sound amazing, Alex' voice is great, the music is awesome.

But imo it's a bit boring or something, don't know exactly how to say it but their show lacks something. Could be the crowd, Dutch crowds are boring, it looked like the crowd only knew their big songs.
    Also the setlist, didn't really work. The new songs are great, I love AM, but aren't really live songs (yet).
    And, the last point, Alex doesn't really interact with the crowd.

The full show:
  5. Yeah, we talked about them some weeks ago in the Non U2 Artsts thread:

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Which was the last performance to date of Mardy Bum btw

I'm eventually glad I didn't make it to the Madrid' show, reviews weren't really positive and I didn't like the setlist at all. I took a look at their recent setlists and Library Pictures and Dancing Shoes are probably the only songs I would LIKE to see as of today; I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and Brianstorm sound too tired and slowed down (specially Dancefloor), and the rest of the set is not really interesting at all for me, too much soft stuff and too few greatness (aka Whatever / Nightmare) to keep me interested. I'm sure they still put on a hell of a show, but... Not my cup of tea anymore.
    I'm glad I attended this show: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2013/ippodromo-delle-capannelle-rome-italy-1bd95934.html in July, quite possibly the best post-2007 setlist I have seen (with the exception of Sheffield 2011).

Anyway, off with the rant... I'm sure you'll have a terrific time, Andrew

Originally posted by KieranU2:A guy I'm friends with at uni mentioned that AM sounded lazy – Alex Turner has clearly gotten to the point where they thinks he can write almost anything and get away with it. He's supremely talented lyrically and the band know how to throw a song together effectively so they should fulfil their capabilities as musicians. AM was disappointing the more I listened to it and it just sounds half-arsed. I'm a huge fan of Humbug now and I think that has grown over time. They need to head in a direction that combines their first three albums so that fans don't disappear. It's not a band I will see again, unless they change drastically, which would tempt me to see them live for a third time.
  6. The guys are wrapping up their AM tour in South America in November:

Tues 4th Coliseo El Campin, Bogota, Colombia
    Sat 8th Personal Fest @ San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Sun 9th Estadio Orfeo, Cordoba, Argentina
    Tues 11th Arena Movistar, Santiago, Chile
    Fri 14th Anhembi, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Sat 15th HSBC Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  7. Exactly one year ago this happened in a suburb of Rome:

Uploading my full recording of the show as we speak
  8. No conversations here of the latest tax-dodging scandal...
  9. Not even aware of it. Do you care enlightening me?
  10. Thanks Kieran! Will read it later.

In the meanwhile, here's my attempt to a decent recording of the Monkeys rocking Rome:

11. When the Sun Goes Down, soo good.