1. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade here, but they're probably gonna stick with the setlist they have played for the last leg.

2. QUOTE - last night a source close to the band revealed the stars will be ditching their set list that has been touring the world for the past 18 months, and instead perform a "greatest hits" gig for Glasto.

Bono has already suggested they completely change the set list and do a greatest hits set

3. Why is everybody saying that they gonna open the show with "Where The Streets Have No Name" ? It's a great song to open a show, but not a 360º Tour show
  4. Probably the wrong topic to ask, but does anybody know if Glastonbury will be airing in Canada? I highly doubt it
  5. Originally posted by farrock_bulsara:[..]

Why is everybody saying that they gonna open the show with "Where The Streets Have No Name" ? It's a great song to open a show, but not a 360º Tour show

Streets is too valuable to play too early in the set list. It's their masterpiece and they wouldn't want to (for lack of a better word) waste it too early in the show. Sure, it worked very well in the 1980's (Point Depot, 12am, January 1st, 1990, for example) but it had yet to become what it is today. I'm surprised they haven't CLOSED a show with it. I think that a lot of concert goers (die hard fans or not) would walk away thinking, "that was the greatest concert I'd ever seen" if that's how U2 ended a show.
  6. Oh, and a setlist.

One must consider what are truly U2's 20-24 Greatest Hits. As much as I love their 1990s work, I would guess at least half the songs would come from the 1980s. You'd also have to include many of their Grammy winning songs from the past decade and also think they'd play a couple from NLOTH. Breathe, MoS, and the title track are better but, like some of you have already indicated, it will be Boots and Magnificent. I'll go with:

1. Beautiful Day
    2. I Will Follow
    3. Boots
    4. Magnificent
    5. Mysterious Ways
    6. Elevation
    7. I Still Haven't Found...
    8. Until The End of The World
    9. New Year's Day
    10. Stay (preferrably) or Stuck
    11. Desire (acoustic, although I would prefer full band)
    12. Angel of Harlem
    13. City of Blinding Lights
    14. Vertigo
    15. Even Better Than The Real Thing*
    15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    16. Pride
    17. Walk On
    18. One
    19. With or Without You

20. The Fly*
    [edit] 21. HMTMKMKM
    [edit] 22. Bad
    [edit] 23. All I Want Is You
    [edit] 24. Streets

*These may be wishfully thinking.

I considered Out of Control, Electric Co, Gloria, Bullet, Running to Stand Still and even edited out 40 but ran out of room. I won't even mention the possibility of When Love Comes to Town. I'd be editing that one out of my copy of the concert.

7. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

Streets is too valuable to play too early in the set list. It's their masterpiece and they wouldn't want to (for lack of a better word) waste it too early in the show. Sure, it worked very well in the 1980's (Point Depot, 12am, January 1st, 1990, for example) but it had yet to become what it is today. I'm surprised they haven't CLOSED a show with it. I think that a lot of concert goers (die hard fans or not) would walk away thinking, "that was the greatest concert I'd ever seen" if that's how U2 ended a show.

I don´t think it should be the opener... but it shouldn´t be the closer either. It´s, like Bono said, the one song they are sure that can turn a concert that´s not working well into a grat show is Streets! But if it ended the concert I would so be wanting more... I think it´s fine where it has been played in the last few tours... mid set towards the end...
  8. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:[..]

I don´t think it should be the opener... but it shouldn´t be the closer either. It´s, like Bono said, the one song they are sure that can turn a concert that´s not working well into a grat show is Streets! But if it ended the concert I would so be wanting more... I think it´s fine where it has been played in the last few tours... mid set towards the end...

yeah that's the problem with Streets potentially opening... depending on the vibe of the festivals audience, it should convenient them to save it to the end of the main set just to ensure a moment of awe
  9. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:[..]

I suppose that was my point - have the audience wanting more at the end of a show. To me, that's the sign of a great show.
  10. I'd say start and close with Streets
  11. I think they play a regular 360 setlist. After 12 songs people get bored (IALW, MS, COBL, IGC) but then after 18-19 songs the place turns red......

12. I was thinking this as well. But non u2 fans might not realise the significance or importance of that song.

Think they will end with a high tempo song...can see them enging with Vertigo...even if it is played earlier on.....interestingly during the promo of NLOTH, Bono was asked to choose Vertigo or Streets on Jo Wiley's show to play....and he chose Vertigo....

as a side point...would love to hear In God's Country at some point!