2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. I was just thinking about them playing Lucille again
    Wouldn't that be cool??

2. Covers are okay but I'd rather them use the slot to play originals.
  3. wasnt lucille written by bono??
  4. Originally posted by ric:[..]

yes

not played since 1989 - don't see why they'd play it though... it's not exactly spectacular!

My bad. I was thinking of, I believe, the Little Richard song.
  5. Have a feeling they will play some of their "rare" songs: Bad, ASOH, Kite, Sometimes you can't make it, Original of the Species, etc
    Bad is almost definite, maybe they'll do some Pop/Zooropa songs
    might debut a song at Glastonbury, like Acrobat or Stand Up Comedy
  6. here comes my umteenth post on this topic but it just hit me = give Everyone what they want:
    Open with - Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better
    M-ways
    One
    New Years Day
    Sunday Bloody
    October
    Bad
    Streets
    band intro:
    I still haven't found
    Bullett
    Running
    B-day
    Elevation
    Discoteque
    Glastonbury
    break:
    Out of Control(but I will Follow might get a bigger rise out of the crowd)
    All I Want Is You (full version)
    Desire
    break: full encore break, 20 minutes even, keep the lights down and really tease the audience
    Zooropa
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Pride
    With or Without
    ...and throw in a NLOTH song. So here's the Breakdown = Open with Zoo Tv typical open, no one can complain about that!, Then 2 mega hits from War back to back as they were played on UF tour , Then October only song from that album, Then Bad Streets - as they were played back to back on Elevation tour, band intro to soak in the energy of streets, Then group sing a long, Then continue with JT and play Bullet and RTSS back to back as they have in many tours, Then close out with rock stuff, BD and Elev, the one Pop song, the one New song, the first break, come back with the first single and only song from Boy, the two bigs from RAH, extended break, back with the one song from Zooropa and played in the order it has on 360 followed by the two from HTDAAB, Then two megahit sing-a-longs and finally 40 to close the show like a JT typical tour concert. It has everything! Zoo Station and Zooropa for rarities, the Zoo tv open, The JT close, just about every hit, AIWIY and Bad in the same night, something from every album and though every setlist can be better in someone's eyes i think this one would flow really well throughout the night...let people get lost in memories like going to 10 Zoo tv shows and seeing the same open and never being disapointed, or playing JT 20 times in one day, and needing a lift after 9/11 and getting it with elevation and BD, hearing rally cries from War then a recognizable change into UF and reminiscing about that time in the bands career and our lives...all this and much more is what the band can reach out and go for at the glast show, if they want it bad enough. I know no one will read all this but i am trying to close the door on the anticipation of seeing them in a month and also of what they will do at the glast show...
  7. Originally posted by patssox95:here comes my umteenth post on this topic but it just hit me = give Everyone what they want:
    Open with - Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better
    M-ways
    One
    New Years Day
    Sunday Bloody
    October
    Bad
    Streets
    band intro:
    I still haven't found
    Bullett
    Running
    B-day
    Elevation
    Discoteque
    Glastonbury
    break:
    Desire
    break: full encore break, 20 minutes even, keep the lights down and really tease the audience
    Zooropa
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Pride
    With or Without
    ...and throw in a NLOTH song. So here's the Breakdown = Open with Zoo Tv typical open, no one can complain about that!, Then 2 mega hits from War back to back as they were played on UF tour , Then October only song from that album, Then Bad Streets - as they were played back to back on Elevation tour, band intro to soak in the energy of streets, Then group sing a long, Then continue with JT and play Bullet and RTSS back to back as they have in many tours, Then close out with rock stuff, BD and Elev, the one Pop song, the one New song, the first break, come back with the first single and only song from Boy, the two bigs from RAH, extended break, back with the one song from Zooropa and played in the order it has on 360 followed by the two from HTDAAB, Then two megahit sing-a-longs and finally 40 to close the show like a JT typical tour concert. It has everything! Zoo Station and Zooropa for rarities, the Zoo tv open, The JT close, just about every hit, AIWIY and Bad in the same night, something from every album and though every setlist can be better in someone's eyes i think this one would flow really well throughout the night...let people get lost in memories like going to 10 Zoo tv shows and seeing the same open and never being disapointed, or playing JT 20 times in one day, and needing a lift after 9/11 and getting it with elevation and BD, hearing rally cries from War then a recognizable change into UF and reminiscing about that time in the bands career and our lives...all this and much more is what the band can reach out and go for at the glast show, if they want it bad enough. I know no one will read all this but i am trying to close the door on the anticipation of seeing them in a month and also of what they will do at the glast show...

I like it (a lot) but "Until The End of The World" will/must be played - and they'll probably play "Walk On."
  8. Originally posted by patssox95:here comes my umteenth post on this topic but it just hit me = give Everyone what they want:
    Open with - Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better
    M-ways
    One
    New Years Day
    Sunday Bloody
    October
    Bad
    Streets
    band intro:
    I still haven't found
    Bullett
    Running
    B-day
    Elevation
    Discoteque
    Glastonbury
    break:
    Desire
    Zooropa
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Pride
    With or Without

I like this list a lot too but I agree that Until The End Of The World needs to be played, and perhaps also Walk On. Maybe Get On Your Boots too?
  9. I agree with Until the End of The World. If they play M-Ways it needs to be the full version with the solo. Also I think if they play one NLOTH song it would have to be the crazy remix, with the first verse of discotheque, for m there they will launch straight into the full version of discotheque minus the first verse as it aready has been sung. Now that would be awsome.
  10. @ patssox95 : I like your setlist too, but I'm afraid 26 songs will be too long.
  11. Originally posted by patssox95:here comes my umteenth post on this topic but it just hit me = give Everyone what they want:
    Open with - Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better
    M-ways
    One
    New Years Day
    Sunday Bloody
    October
    Bad
    Streets
    band intro:
    I still haven't found
    Bullett
    Running
    B-day
    Elevation
    Discoteque
    Glastonbury
    break:
    Desire
    Zooropa
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Pride
    With or Without

thats just about my dream setlist, but id swap October out for Gloria and squeeze Last night on earth and mofo in there somewhere, 28 songs is do-able