2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. I've also wanted to change it for ages but I just think it's appropiate, at least until it becomes a proper "U2 Hits xxx" topic. We'll edit it then.

2. i wouldn't say it's a battle for survival per se or that it needs to be in the title of the thread but it's definitely justified!

3. title should be ........batle for mainstream acceptance (as the greatest live band in the world) but leave out the brackets
  4. I like Predictions for Glastonbury (Setlist, crowd reaction and general Glasto banter).
  5. Dunno whether this should be in the AB remaster or this thread but I'll just throw it in here.

Does anybody else think they might release Glasto with the Achtung Baby remaster? It just crossed my mind about Adam hinting at the idea of playing more of that era tunes and the opportunity to capture this moment would coincide nicely for the box set or whatever.
    Not really mad about this as of yet but if they get the set right I think it could be good.
  6. Originally posted by jofice:Dunno whether this should be in the AB remaster or this thread but I'll just throw it in here.

Does anybody else think they might release Glasto with the Achtung Baby remaster? It just crossed my mind about Adam hinting at the idea of playing more of that era tunes and the opportunity to capture this moment would coincide nicely for the box set or whatever.
    Not really mad about this as of yet but if they get the set right I think it could be good.

Would be an interesting idea but then the better play A LOT from AB - I'm talking 8 or 9 tracks and still keep the hits from the 80's in the show.
  7. Originally posted by jofice:Dunno whether this should be in the AB remaster or this thread but I'll just throw it in here.

yeah nice idea but as rummy says i don't think glasto has enough to do with achtung baby to be included in an achtung baby package.

i DO however think that if it goes the way they want it to go the show will be released on DVD as muse did with their 2004 glasto show
  8. bad idea
    no ZooTV show released then .. naaaaa
    there are "quite a few" awesome concerts of that era that deserve you know
    Glastonbury could be released apart
  9. I do know that, I'm not new at this thing. I'm just saying it could be possible given his comments. I don't think it's likely, just a good discussion topic.
  10. I don't see the band playing more than 5 songs off achtung baby at glastonbury (even better, one, until the end, mysterious ways, either UV or The Fly possibly) I do however wish Zoo Station and the Fly would come back for 360 *the claw could make zoo station even more legendary than ever
  11. I think it is reasonable to hope for up to 6 AB songs...the return of Zoo Station and The Fly to go along with what they are playing now would work very well. I love tracks like Love Is Blindness and So Cruel but they don't need to be played on the 360 stage like AB's more upbeat songs do.