1. Originally posted by Yogi[..]

And western countries don't have any censorship? Gimme a break. : ))))))))) The main problem is that most people in democracies think that democracy is the best shit ever and that anything that's different sucks.

Did you know that Ahmadinejad will have to go to court in the next 30 days?

RT.com:
    Iran’s parliament summons Ahmadinejad over accusations

Iran’s parliament has summoned President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for questioning over a list of accusations. They include allegations that he mismanaged the nation’s economy, AP reports. Earlier, a parliamentary committee issued a petition for summoning the president – the first such case since 1979. Ahmadinejad will be asked about foreign and domestic policy decisions and allegedly bypassing a special budget for the Tehran subway and public transportation. After the summons is sent to the president, he should attend a parliament meeting within a month.

You think that something like that could happen even in Russia, which is democracy? Putin could sit in car and kill 50 people driving over them and he wouldn't face a trial.

I can't totally agree with you. I do agree that attacking Iran is a mistake and that Iran's government isn't as bad it's considered by westerners. But just the example you mentioned...I don't see it getting anything done. This is not the first time this has happened for Ahmadinejad and everytime it stopped at the last minute. Either some MPs pulled out of the petition and the thing got cancelled or the supreme leader sent a message telling them to stop it. The government isn't that bad, but it isn't so good either. They lie to us all the time, the economy is terrible (The value of the Iranian currency has more than halved in the last 6 months), the censorship and no-freedom of speech is there and stronger than ever, foreign diplomacy is effed up,etc....
  2. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

I can't totally agree with you. I do agree that attacking Iran is a mistake and that Iran's government isn't as bad it's considered by westerners. But just the example you mentioned...I don't see it getting anything done. This is not the first time this has happened for Ahmadinejad and everytime it stopped at the last minute. Either some MPs pulled out of the petition and the thing got cancelled or the supreme leader sent a message telling them to stop it. The government isn't that bad, but it isn't so good either. They lie to us all the time, the economy is terrible (The value of the Iranian currency has more than halved in the last 6 months), the censorship and no-freedom of speech is there and stronger than ever, foreign diplomacy is effed up,etc....

I'm curious...could you get in trouble for writing that stuff here?
  3. Originally posted by Yogi[..]

I'm curious...could you get in trouble for writing that stuff here?

Yep, definitely could. But they mostly monitor blogs and social networks, I don't think anyone is watching U2Start, unless I'm under investigation by the intelligence ministry, and I doubt that
  4. Favorite songs are not always the most useful
  5. Athens is on fire.

6. Looks horrific.
  7. I don't even want to think what will happen to that country now.

8. Fuck that.

But on another note, that third photo is amazing

9. Well they were spoiled for too long. Did you know that dockworkers make 80 000 euros a year there? And most people stopped working before they were 60.

In the end they screwed themselves. Still they should get more time to pay off their debts. But then without the euro, and in drachme instead.