1. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01Congratualations. Your one of the few European libs I've ever known who ain't one. Truthers tend to annoy me. Not because of the basic belief, but because of how stupid there theorys tend to be. Any given 9/11 conspiracy theory would have hundreds of loose ends. Plus they completely ignore any evidence that goes agiasnt there theorys.

Thank you. I don't think many Europeans believe the conspiracy theories though

I think there's a possibility that an attack on Iran would result in some extreme islamists getting so pissed that they want to kill you.
  2. Watching the news here, going to be very interesting since the Syrian ambassador to Sweden is gonna be interviewed in the studio.
  3. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01:Congratualations. Your one of the few European libs I've ever known who ain't one. Truthers tend to annoy me. Not because of the basic belief, but because of how stupid there theorys tend to be. Any given 9/11 conspiracy theory would have hundreds of loose ends. Plus they completely ignore any evidence that goes agiasnt there theorys.

I dont know anyone who believes that crap
  4. Originally posted by Risto[..]

Neither do I. You're insane if you believe it.
  5. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:And the thing with Iran is that they would probably be able to strike back.

You can't bring a country's military down with surgical strikes.

I agree with you. The government has a strong military, and the thing about our country is that the government is a ideological one whose believers believe the "supreme leader" is God's choice. It's much harder to beat a military who believe their leader is something like a prophet, and that dying for him will mean dying for God, becoming a martyr and having an eternal life in paradise.

There is also this thing you must understand about Iranian people. Many of us don't support the government, and prefer systems closer to western ones. But if there is an attack on this country, many that don't support the government will also join the army to stop invasion.

The people here have very diverse ideals and schools of thought. A war in here, or an occupation, or even a revolution would be catastrophic...the country would soon fall into a deep civil war situation.

I've come to believe, after seeing many stuff happen to myself, my family and friends...that the only way out for Iran is reform. Reform supported by the supreme leader himself. Any other method would result in chaos. This can not be done if there is a war going on.
  6. Originally posted by Risto[..]

Agree.
  7. I;m predicting right now, that Obamacare is going to die 5-4 in the supreme court.
  8. On a lighter and weirder not, there is actually a push right now for the U.S. Navy to name a ship after Robert Heinlein.

For those of you who don't know American warships are traditionally named as follows.

Battleships: None in service anymore but states.
    Aircraft carriers: Usually important figures, or previous aircraft carriers (Enterprise). In WW2 they were often named after battles.
    Subs: Depends on type and class. Usually fish, states, citys, or figures.
    Cruisers: In the past, citys and figures. The current Aegis cruisers are named after battles.
    Destroyers/Frigates: Figures. usually some type of hero or leader. For instance, the U.S.S. Michael Murphy which is under construction right now is named for a Navy SEAL who died trying to save his teammates during the disasturous Operation Red Wings.
    Amphibious ships: Depends on class and type. Military facilities, WW2 battles, and famous ships have all been honored with ships of these types being named after them.
    Supply ships: Citys.
  9. Who's Sergei?

Well, I think it's damn stupid to believe it.

I don't consider the U.S. the bad guys, even if I don't always agree with you, I sure consider the U.S. a great country.