1. I think the Euro will be the main casualty of this crisis.
  2. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

Well they were spoiled for too long. Did you know that dockworkers make 80 000 euros a year there? And most people stopped working before they were 60.

In the end they screwed themselves. Still they should get more time to pay off their debts. But then without the euro, and in drachme instead.

Also people cheating with taxes... They've made their crisis themselves.

I'm getting really fed up with those protesting, their country is in crisis, cuts have to be made.
  3. I don't think you're much able to fully understand it, Olof, because your country is immensely more healthy and prepared than Greece... It happens to me to, no offense intended, huh? But you have to realize that they have reached a point where most people don't have a work, and that means most people don't have money, so most people can't consume and therefore cuts and tax incresing achieves nothing, and then the government realizes their plans have been useless and announce new cuts, and then people protest because they're fed up with cuts, and more people lose their jobs, and less people has money, and then they don't consume, and taxes and cuts are useless again, and, and, and... You get it. Cuts, despite what most capitalist theoricalists say, are NOT the way to lift someone from bankrupt.
  4. +a lot
  5. Well the problem is that they were so incapable that they depend on other countries tax money to help them. While they enjoyed their luxory, tax cheating, lives. Of course its sad that they hit rock bottom. But that was needed since the real problem there is the mentality that tax avoidance is normal and that you cant ignore your problems and lie to other countries for a decade or two.

They shouldve been kicked out when their problems became public, and have been given 50 years to pay ALL their debts back.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASongI don't think you're much able to fully understand it, Olof, because your country is immensely more healthy and prepared than Greece... It happens to me to, no offense intended, huh? But you have to realize that they have reached a point where most people don't have a work, and that means most people don't have money, so most people can't consume and therefore cuts and tax incresing achieves nothing, and then the government realizes their plans have been useless and announce new cuts, and then people protest because they're fed up with cuts, and more people lose their jobs, and less people has money, and then they don't consume, and taxes and cuts are useless again, and, and, and... You get it. Cuts, despite what most capitalist theoricalists say, are NOT the way to lift someone from bankrupt.

But then the thing is, there's no money, so you can't spend.

Greece really has the same problem as the US in a way. People want their state to spend, but don't want to give it money. The difference here is that the US can use its name and reputation to survive, Greece can't.

Well the problem is that they were so incapable that they depend on other countries tax money to help them. While they enjoyed their luxory, tax cheating, lives. Of course its sad that they hit rock bottom. But that was needed since the real problem there is the mentality that tax avoidance is normal and that you cant ignore your problems and lie to other countries for a decade or two.

+1
  7. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Greece really has the same problem as the US in a way. People want their state to spend, but don't want to give it money. The difference SHAME here is that the US can use its name and reputation to survive, Greece can't.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

I agree. It's a shame.
  9. I do agree that the greeks were spoiled and the hitting rock bottom was their fault, they should have seen it coming...I do still blame their government tho. It's them who should have seen it coming and started changing things earlier, rather than leaving things to burst out like this.

On a lighter note...does anyone else think that using EBTTRT in Obama's campaign makes him sound like he's begging the people?! ("give me one more chance and you'll be satisfied"!!)
  10. Greeks always protested cuts even in the past. But yeah the government shouldve been crystal clear about their situation a long time ago.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

You're right only on one thing: I don't care about you.

But you're as wrong on spelling my name, as you are on your judgement about my opinion on the 11th of September attacks. It kinda reminds me of an Arctic Monkeys' lyric... So, what do you know? Oh, you know nothing...

Dont you got better things to do like insulting me for not wanting to go to college on the govs tit?
  12. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]

Yep, definitely could. But they mostly monitor blogs and social networks, I don't think anyone is watching U2Start, unless I'm under investigation by the intelligence ministry, and I doubt that

Ah, hell, I'm 90% certain I'm on DHS's watchlist. The criteria to get on it is bullshit. Wear your dissidence as a badge of honor.