1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Rebellion can stand being played on its own, but PowerOut must feel somewhat "empty" played alone, even more as the show closer.

I'm curious about this: "Rebellion (Lies) (Intro played by fake band)". Was it played over the PA or live by another band?

See it live and your opinion will change drastically.

I think it's performed by a small mariachi band.
  2. hahaha, lol, now I wanna SEE (not hear) that so badly!!
  3. It's done by the same sort of band as in the promo videos from late last year, the one with Bono in it etc.

Gold Coast show was much better. Worst crowd I've seen. Most people didn't even know wake up. Heaps of people just stood and talked through the show - no respect for the greatest band of the century
  4. When 2 songs pair this well they should never be parted.

5. Here Comes the Night Time must be the worst song in their catalogue, I swear it just doesn't work live other than the confetti
  6. Originally posted by dylbagz:Here Comes the Night Time must be the worst song in their catalogue, I swear it just doesn't work live other than the confetti

Nowhere near, my friend. I'm afraid their worst song is awarded to 'Rococo'.

In other news, I ordered Funeral on vinyl today.
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

+1 can't stand Rococo although if they play it live when I see it I'll tolerate it.

JEALOUS, I've always wanted Funeral on vinyl!
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

I don't mind Rococo live, I definitely liked it more than HCTNT. Each to their own though. I must say I do like the rest of the new stuff live, all but the title track. Again that one just doesn't do it for me. Love the first three albums immensely though.

As of last night I now own all but the second album on vinyl.

9. Haha not for me, no other band that I'm into has released four such brilliant albums (near masterpieces, at least) in this century. Maybe Bruce comes close with the Rising and Magic being released in the 00s. Better than Coldplay? Yeah for me. I like the Foo Fighters a hell of a lot too but In Your Honour drags their 21st century stuff right down too. U2 have barely even released anything this century..
  10. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

Haha not for me, no other band that I'm into has released four such brilliant albums (near masterpieces, at least) in this century. Maybe Bruce comes close with the Rising and Magic being released in the 00s. Better than Coldplay? Yeah for me. I like the Foo Fighters a hell of a lot too but In Your Honour drags their 21st century stuff right down too. U2 have barely even released anything this century..

Arguably better than Coldplay but hardly more brilliant than Muse. They're equally amazing, but AF's awesomeness divides among 7 members while Muse's awesomeness gathers in just 3 guys
  11. I understand where you're coming from, but it's AF for me over Muse (just personal taste I guess). Can't go wrong either way though, honestly