1. yeah, you've turned me over to the dark side...
  2. Discoteque, Ultraviolet and Hold Me in the same concert would be EPIC. That trilogy alone would be worth attending the show!!
  3. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Might work. Same for that ugly Staring at the Sun acoustic version or Gone. The rest can only loose, I guess.

Last Night On Earth might do it with that massive screen I think. But they'll never play that.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Discoteque, Ultraviolet and Hold Me in the same concert would be EPIC. That trilogy alone would be worth attending the show!!

and all three are songs that are not so obscure as to alienate the casual fans yet would be more than enough to please most of us "hardcore" fans
  5. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

That's why I'm not missing the Popmart songs. There are so many things attached to this era for me that it just wouldn't be the same. It was amazing back in the days, it's nice memories. But that's it.

popmart wasn't only my first U2 gig but my first ever gig so it's beyond special to me too but if they played the songs the way they were played back then and didn't try and put a new spin on them i'd be more than happy to have them back in the set.

plus as has just been said it seems a large majority of people were too young to experience those songs back then so it'd be nice for them too.

and finally my fantasy is that if the band 're-discovered' those songs it might trigger something in their brains that reminds them of what they used to do and makes them want to make interesting, boundary pushing music again....

6. so rehearsals are over? or a break perhaps
  7. I guess they're done for today. It's around 11pm already in Torino.
  8. Anybody know if there's anyone queuing already outside the stadium?
    Might be interesting to compare it to Barcelona last year. There were around 500-600 people by this time on 29th of June.

9. Similarities between here and interference. First it was "Play Discotheque," and when they did, it wasn't enough, and now we have to have them play it exactly like they did 13 years ago. I don't know how much more of this thread I can take.
  10. Fans outside the stadium are in for a treat according to an esoteric (?) email

From atu2 twitter
  11. Unknown whether it's tonight or tomoro night though must jave been fairly vague email