1. Indeed. They did well in Chicago 2005 with Discotheque. Would be cool to see it again
  2. Originally posted by ric:[..]

cos they'd probably end up trying to 'improve' it like they did the last couple of times it was played and make it sound shyte....

play it like popmart or don't bother

PopMart version was best of course, but that Chicago 2005 version was not bad at all to me

3. sorry but imo every version since popmart (including the version on the best of album) has been not as good or just plain terrible.

if it aint broke don't try and fix it etc...
  4. Originally posted by ric:[..]

sorry but imo every version since popmart (including the version on the best of album) has been not as good or just plain terrible.

if it aint broke don't try and fix it etc...

I'd like to see what they could do with it now. Especially since Bono is in better form than he was during popmart
  5. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

I'd like to see what they could do with it now. Especially since Bono is in better form than he was during popmart

yeah i'm sure it would sound awesome!

just dont try and re-write and re-arrange it and fiddle with it til they kill it again
  6. Edge still Discotheque-ing?

7. That's why I'm not missing the Popmart songs. There are so many things attached to this era for me that it just wouldn't be the same. It was amazing back in the days, it's nice memories. But that's it.
  8. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

That's why I'm not missing the Popmart songs. There are so many things attached to this era for me that it just wouldn't be the same. It was amazing back in the days, it's nice memories. But that's it.

Discotheque could still have a place I reckon
  9. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

That's why I'm not missing the Popmart songs. There are so many things attached to this era for me that it just wouldn't be the same. It was amazing back in the days, it's nice memories. But that's it.

I agree with that sentiment. I think that if they picked a song and could give it the Vertigo Fly treatment that would be well worth it. Trying to recreate Popmart is a bad idea
  10. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

I understand. I was 6 years old at the time so didn't even know about PopMart and missed the era. So no memories...That's why I'd like to see them in the set.

11. Might work. Same for that ugly Staring at the Sun acoustic version or Gone. The rest can only loose, I guess.