1. Wow you only heard now eh it was different, very vibrato-y but I think it's good

2. Yea, I didn't go on here yesterday - it can't be more vibrato-y than Bono on the album version can it?
  3. repost
  4. Yeh I'd say so also a lot faster than the studio version. Bellamy's got a totally different voice, I think it's ok.
  5. Liked the arrangement, liked the drums, the guitarplaying wasn't that different (it was Edge ofcourse). But Bellamy's voice, sorry, but he quite ruined it for me.

Good cover, good stuff. But I prefer a full U2. A shame they had to cancel.
  6. It was a cover - an excellent cover and the main reason for that is because Edge played on it. Its his signature tune hence why it sounded so good. Vocals and bass were ok and drums were cool too if not a little heavy for me, given the song. Easy enough for a band like Muse to fill in on as the entire song hangs off Edge's guitar.

I was absolutely over the moon when it came on as I wasnt aware of rumours that Edge was playing. Great gesture by Muse and well received by all.

Good night for our band despite it being only Edge who played
  7. Heard it on Radio 1 this morning. Edge's vocal drowned out Matt Bellamy a bit, especially at the end. But musically it was dynamite. The radio (1) are going nuts for it. Fantastic.

Ahh, what might have been...
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis:Heard it on Radio 1 this morning. Edge's vocal drowned out Matt Bellamy a bit, especially at the end. But musically it was dynamite. The radio (1) are going nuts for it. Fantastic.

Ahh, what might have been...

there's always next year...

9. From Guardian:

It also seems likely that U2 – thwarted by Bono's back injury – will be back at some point to headline, although Eavis said it was unlikely to happen for at least the next two years.
  10. Muse played fantastic! And the guest spot with Edge was very cool.

Sad to hear some speak so poorly of Matt's voice or whatever.
  11. Originally posted by Sally_Sparrow:[..]

From Guardian:

It also seems likely that U2 – thwarted by Bono's back injury – will be back at some point to headline, although Eavis said it was unlikely to happen for at least the next two years.

More quotes on BBC:

Asked whether he would like U2 to appear in the future, he replied: "This is an ongoing conversation for next year."

But the band may be taking a break next summer and the festival is having a year off in 2012, Mr Eavis added.

"So who knows? It might be three years' time."

That, to me, doesn't translate into Eavis said it was unlikely to happen for at least the next two years.
  12. just got back from glastonbury, amazing weekend even without U2.

I was so happy when Edge came out for Streets, I had no idea it was going to happen. listening to the organ at the start of the encore I was like "...that sounds familiar. no, wait, it can't be... yes, shit, it definately is!" and then out popped Edge, for the highlight of the festival.

fucking epic.