1. Streets was epic. The drums sounded better than usual. Could have been the broadcast but Muse are usually drum heavy so it probably wasn't. Sounded better musically imo.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:last time a U2 related incident gave me goosebumps was back when Zane Lowe played the whole of MOS on the radio prior to the album release. U2 should seriously tour without Bono.

This is one of the most cruel comments I've ever read. I can't understand how a U2 fan can say this. U2 is nothing without Bono and Bono is nothing without U2. The magic of this band works because there are 4 people in it: Edge, Adam, Larry and Bono. IMuse are a great band and it was an amazing performance last night, but it's nothing compared to U2. Matt Bellamy is very talented but hopelessly un-charismatic. Not a good singer, not a good frontman. The performance made me realize how much Bono is missing. No one could ever replace him in U2 and I'm sure the band doesn't even think about replacing him or any other member. It's a shame U2 had to cancel Glastonbury and it's a shame Bono has got injured and has to go through all this crap. But it's even more of a shame that some fans are making it sound as if he should be ashamed of it and U2 should get rid of him. That's absolutely tasteless. I miss Bono, but I know he'll be ok. The magic of a song like "Streets" in the original version performed by U2 will never be matched by anyone else.
  3. Originally posted by Cypress:[..]

This is one of the most cruel comments I've ever read. I can't understand how a U2 fan can say this. U2 is nothing without Bono and Bono is nothing without U2. The magic of this band works because there are 4 people in it: Edge, Adam, Larry and Bono. IMuse are a great band and it was an amazing performance last night, but it's nothing compared to U2. Matt Bellamy is very talented but hopelessly un-charismatic. Not a good singer, not a good frontman. The performance made me realize how much Bono is missing. No one could ever replace him in U2 and I'm sure the band doesn't even think about replacing him or any other member. It's a shame U2 had to cancel Glastonbury and it's a shame Bono has got injured and has to go through all this crap. But it's even more of a shame that some fans are making it sound as if he should be ashamed of it and U2 should get rid of him. That's absolutely tasteless. I miss Bono, but I know he'll be ok. The magic of a song like "Streets" in the original version performed by U2 will never be matched by anyone else.

That's not wat Ger is doing, but for the rest I totally agree with Cypress
  4. Finally the Bono knight is there...
  5. I'd never suggested Bellamy was better than Bono in anyway. I don't rate Bellamy as a singer or a front man. Bono just annoys the hell out of me. That's my quam with him. Nothing more sinister than that.

Muse recreated Streets last night with scary ease. Edge is Streets though so put him in any band and they would muster a respectable version.
  6. Muse drum heavier, agree, but I'd have Larry's work everyday. Sounds so much richer.
  7. Yeh Larry uses his snare much better I think still a very good job
  8. Sounds like a Popmart version without the techno mixed in behind
  9. Hm, I considered the Muse rendition of Streets as a very appropriate and adorable gesture, to U2 and to U2 fans at Glastonbury. Nothing more, nothing less. To me it's all but important to evaluate the musical quality of Muse's rendition. When your girlfriend sings you a U2 song you don't blame her for a wrong note and when she does well, you don't feel the need to fire Bono. Simple.

(That being said, I did miss Larry's unique drumming and the extra snare in the first part )
  10. Originally posted by noiseless:Hm, I considered the Muse rendition of Streets as a very appropriate and adorable gesture, to U2 and to U2 fans at Glastonbury. Nothing more, nothing less. To me it's all but important to evaluate the musical quality of Muse's rendition. When your girlfriend sings you a U2 song you don't blame her for a wrong note and when she does well, you don't feel the need to fire Bono. Simple.

(That being said, I did miss Larry's unique drumming and the extra snare in the first part )

Very well put
  11. Whether or not you think Bono's voice has weakened over the years...don't forget the the man wrote the lyrics and melody to the F'ing song. Give him some respect.
  12. Just heard the news, am at work so can't listen, did Bellamy ruin it with his wailing?