1. Question: [Dirk u2tour.de] Thank you for this amazing gig. My question is to Larry. How do you put together the setlists for a new tour? Considering the favorite tunes of the die-hard following fans and the one-time concertgoers and also the favorite tunes of each member of U2?

[Larry]: It’s going to be difficult to put the new setlist together, that’s for sure. I think on this record there are a lot of good songs, and selfishly I’d like to think that a lot of the new songs will replace a lot of the older songs because they can’t be there all the time, so what I’d like to think is if we do three or four shows in the same place that we would change the set for every night completely. [cheering]
    from: http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-on-germanys-radio-nrw.html
  2. Then Bono told Larry "you could have told the rest of the band huh?" or something like that
    Yeah, we discussed it in another thread yesterday and the day before... I don't think they'll "change the set for every night completely", they've never done that. Maybe they take the Lovetown approach with some "setlist blocks" that rotate between nights, and then the occasional surprise or rare song between them... But I would not set high hopes for 20 different songs each night.
  3. Originally posted by bartajax:Question: [Dirk u2tour.de] Thank you for this amazing gig. My question is to Larry. How do you put together the setlists for a new tour? Considering the favorite tunes of the die-hard following fans and the one-time concertgoers and also the favorite tunes of each member of U2?

[Larry]: It’s going to be difficult to put the new setlist together, that’s for sure. I think on this record there are a lot of good songs, and selfishly I’d like to think that a lot of the new songs will replace a lot of the older songs because they can’t be there all the time, so what I’d like to think is if we do three or four shows in the same place that we would change the set for every night completely. [cheering]
    from: http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-on-germanys-radio-nrw.html

it is interesting

With this band you never know ...i think they are going to do a very rotate setlist
  4. I wonder if I should go crazy and try to attend as many shows as possible... I guess if I have a job, I'll have the money for it (and nothing else, maybe).
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:I wonder if I should go crazy and try to attend as many shows as possible... I guess if I have a job, I'll have the money for it (and nothing else, maybe).

I keep telling myself it'll most likely be the last chance of seeing them live to justify doing just that
  6. Yes, yes. I don't think it'll be the last time, but it may well be. They'll tour again when they're around 60. They're so ambitious: they'll certainly try to make an album after SOE. But whether they will is an entirely open question.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

I keep telling myself it'll most likely be the last chance of seeing them live to justify doing just that

+1
  8. Yeah unfortunately I'm in the same boat as Remy. Might be the last time.
  9. The last time? With 2 more albums, at least, to come I don't think this is the last time either.
  10. Well you have hope and reality, I think the SOE album will be released during the tour and then we have a higher statistical likelyhood U2 or one of its members is simply too old or unable to tour again on this scale in 4 to 5 years.

But its a good idea for a poll