1. Think there will be some sort of tour in 5-10 years. Small venues, Bono in a little chair singing lullabies..

Seriously, I think they will do really small clubs and venues as a sort of farewell.
  2. Didn't they call Songs Of Ascent as a possible nr 3 ?

3. Somewhere, someone posted words that may or may not have come from Bono's mouth that suggested that. I would find it, but it's late. Andrew seems to have the time to dig up old posts, perhaps he could find it for us.
  4. It's in the Rolling Stone interview:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/u2-take-on-the-world-inside-rolling-stones-new-issue-20141023

Bono is already promising a follow-up album to Songs of Innocence, called Songs of Experience, that he'd like to have out as soon as 18 months from now. "We're hoping Songs of Experience will be less about intimacy," says bassist Adam Clayton, "and more about a celebration of sorts." The band's tentative plans are to take the indoor Songs of Innocence tour outside once the second album comes out. And there's another twist: In 2009, Bono promised that U2 would quickly follow up No Line on the Horizon with a more meditative companion album, Songs of Ascent. There has been no sign of it since, but Bono now sees it as the third part of the trilogy. "Songs of Ascent will come," he promises. "And there are some beautiful songs."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/u2-take-on-the-world-inside-rolling-stones-new-issue-20141023#ixzz3HaX9YcgI
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
  5. Ali, you just beat me to it. Thanks!
  6. Well that's... Quick
  7. Haha, I just loved that quote because it meant Bono sees U2 being around and continuing for at least two more albums
  8. SoA will be their last album. Innocence and youth, experience and life, ascent and death/parting.

9. It makes all the sense.

Sadly.
  10. Anyone get there hands on a copy of the full RS interview yet?
  11. Soooooooooon

12. Well, still two albums to go... and I'm sure there'll be the odd song now and then, even after the last official album. But yes, for sure it'll be sad.