1. Originally posted by u2joost:This is why I loved the POP era so much: U2 had stopped taking themselves too serious. They 'dreamed it all up again' with AB first and than took it even one step further: they had fun (and made great music) with lots of liberating irony and playful decor. They kinda lost the playfulness after that and now they're back in this trap of wanting to make 'relevant' albums and be hesitant about it. It is so suffocating it can even lead to argument amongst fans like us who loose perspective. Lighten up guys!

Im feeling like i did about the band around the Popmart era,sort of yearning for simple rock n roll,playing to smaller crowds with stripped back concert settings.Popmart sorta done the job in 97 but i can totally understand the negatives many fans associated with it.
  2. Now that the hype of a new album is gone, I think no news these days is good news. Let's hope they're working their a**es off in the studio with whoever will do the final production, and they might still surprise us in the forthcoming months.
  3. 383 pages about the new album already... And we still know nothing for sure.
  4. I was so pumped and ready for new music now all these starts and stops has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Obviously when something really does happen it will be awesome and I'll be the most excited but right now... not so much.

5. It started in 2009 with Songs Of Ascent... We've gone a long way from that
  6. Yep, give us a lifesign U2!
  7. Had a dream last night that this page changed to an actual album name. Something along the lines of "Anything That You Know" as an album title and the lead single was "All My Time" which we all believed that to be "All My Life"...

And you can dream, so dream out loud...
  8. Originally posted by MWSAH:Now that the hype of a new album is gone, I think no news these days is good news. Let's hope they're working their a**es off in the studio with whoever will do the final production, and they might still surprise us in the forthcoming months.

Indeed - I like the silence, and like the fact that they're in the studio (without talking to the press) even more
  9. How awesome would it be if today (Record Store Day) a new U2 album pops up only in record shops in vinyl?! I´s love that!
  10. Just watching a documentary on Iron Maiden, where Bruce Dickinson says 'if we didn't make new music, we wouldn't develop new fans''. As an example, their fan base in South America grows 20% every they tour. Now Bono, perhaps your missing a trick, because that's relevance. Making hardly any new music between 2009 and 2014 is not.