1. Easiest way to 'to test the waters' - just put out the album.

If people like it they'll listen.
  2. I swear, this is killing me... This lack of news... Gosh, just give us something... I´m desperate!

3. He should've said it in another way, but I actually agree with him... And I've read others do to.
    You all know this is a very delicate topic. Certainly because we've been fooled by the band and rumours so many times before. As the pictures weren't posted on the first of April, it isn't an April fools joke.
    Seeing how many buzz there was on the site when the pics were launched, it merely smells like a publicity stunt.
    Imo, the joke was, although probably meant harmlessly, misplaced.
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

He should've said it in another way, but I actually agree with him... And I've read others do to.
    You all know this is a very delicate topic. Certainly because we've been fooled by the band and rumours so many times before. As the pictures weren't posted on the first of April, it isn't an April fools joke.
    Seeing how many buzz there was on the site when the pics were launched, it merely smells like a publicity stunt.
    Imo, the joke was, although probably meant harmlessly, misplaced.

I agree actually. Although I know it was done with the best intentions and by people who want the same as we do, "it just doesn't feel right"
  5. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

I agree actually. Although I know it was done with the best intentions and by people who want the same as we do, "it just doesn't feel right"

Perhaps it doesn't feel right because a lot of people are taking this way too seriously ... let's all at least laugh at the comical starts and stops we've been through. Kudos for the april fools prank, I think...let's all put this in perspective.
  6. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:[..]

Perhaps it doesn't feel right because a lot of people are taking this way too seriously ... let's all at least laugh at the comical starts and stops we've been through. Kudos for the april fools prank, I think...let's all put this in perspective.

This is a U2 fansite, most people who come here daily would classify themselves as diehard fans. Of course we're gonna go batshit cray cray over news of the new album.
  7. All I can say is +1
  8. Perhaps we shouldnt have done it a day early, to be honest I never thought so many people would fall for it. Just means that Sparko made a damn good cover.

As for the 'publicity stunt', it was none. Doesnt make much sense to do one in such a quiet U2-time. We might try to attract some public when things get rolling again, for example when the tour has been announced
  9. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:[..]

+ 1 indeed, nicely said and couldn't agree more
  10. +1
    WHY SO SERIOUS?
  11. First post after Sergio's album cover post. It was to obvious guys, come on

Looks like my april fools prediction skills are still alright