1. I actually can't remember now, what was the last official word from a band member on the status of the album? To me everything else is heresay.
  2. well BAND MEMBER? That must have been the interview with Edge on BBC "I won't have much of a summer vacation because I'll be very busy"
    About tour: "Again, I won't have much of christmas vacation, because I will be very busy."

The rest that came after it, was nothing directly from a band member, but it has been Billboard etc.
  3. Right. There was also that statement from a "rep" saying all of those rumours were BS and the album is still on track for this year. AND was it Universal recently who said they're thinking of doing something interesting with U2's album release in 2014?

I still think the album comes out in June and we have a fall tour.
  4. What I do think is correct, is what Billboard stated about cancelled bookings, that LiveNation did. There have been already bookings for arenas in fall, but they were cancelled. The fact LiveNation denies any comment makes it even more credible.

I hope for June, but I don't think so. I think they just stopped it all what was planned after realizing Invisible didn't pull the hype they expected.

It just got public, they just started planning the tour, according to Willie. When I rethink, that they knew in SUMMER 2008, that they would play Rose Bowl more than a year later....I don't see a tour starting 2014.

Probably the album might become a xmas gift. Well. Anyway, they already fooled us for too long. What they forget: the longer they fool us with album no album - the higher the expectations get. If that album is good, they can pack it in. It needs to be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
  5. I hadn't heard of those cancelled bookings

So much for that! I honestly have a feeling they had a finished album with Danger Mouse, including Invisible. Invisible doesn't break the charts at all, albeit some decent download numbers, and U2 themselves said that song was meant to test the waters. Doesn't do well, so they say "sorry, it's not working" to the alternative producer and go to the pop producers to either see if any of their DM songs are salvageable to make into pop hits or if they should just start writing new songs that'll get them on the charts.
  6. the problem on Invisible is - everybody got it for free. So that there were only like 66,000 paid downloads, is more than normal to me.
    The question is - do people listen to it and according to sites like Last.FM they don't do that too much.

I would like Invisible more if it was an actual guitar but no computerized sound. So if I listen, I take the Jimmy Fallon version, as there IS a guitar.

Insivible is a great tune, would get some B Level but for U2 it's probably a C- or worse.

I think that "Bono can't write lyrics" isn't too wrong. Look at some of their greatest songs: WOWY, Kite, AIWIY, Stuck in a moment, Sometimes you can't make it, Bad, One .... - what do they all have? A story about loss, anger, trouble, fear.... They don't have any problems to write about!
  7. Invisible is 14th on the top tracks for U2 on last.fm over the past seven days.
  8. that doesn't mean much. I've seen 2-3 People that played it in endless repeat.....
  9. The charts are based on listeners though, not actual plays. Ordinary Love is third, more people have listened to that over the last week than One.
  10. in the end - still it's not their best. Neither one.
  11. Maybe so, but people are listening to the songs still.

12. I think it would be rather naive for U2 to think that they could "test the waters" through a free song.... what were they thinking?
    If Invisible would have come pared with the offical announcement for the full new cd album, THEN it would have been a totally different story, and it probably would have created the hype! That would have meant gearing up for the new album and tour.

I just don't get all the anxiety...