1. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

Completely agree with you man, AvA's guitar work is all stemmed from the Edge as frontman/guitarist Tom DeLonge has quoted U2 as being the best band of all time on more than a few ocassions.

I think he tends to use the Guitar as the main sonic device, whereas edge encorporates keyboards more.

The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves is a great track and my 2nd favourite song of the year

The album is also very good and i reccomend it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give it a try
  2. Ooops, I did it again, Britney Spears, and Bullet the blue sky... Naw, just jokin'.
    I remember Wayne Hussey from The Mission UK being blamed for singing real close to Bono. Actually, the Mission last record was considered like half U2 and half their own style. Also there was this other, 'Forever yellow skies' by The Cranberies (remember them?) with a riff designed to sound as if Edge had played it.
  3. I think most "Delirious?" songs sound very U2-ish.

Alex
  4. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

Completely agree with you man, AvA's guitar work is all stemmed from the Edge as frontman/guitarist Tom DeLonge has quoted U2 as being the best band of all time on more than a few ocassions.

I think he tends to use the Guitar as the main sonic device, whereas edge encorporates keyboards more.

The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves is a great track and my 2nd favourite song of the year

The album is also very good and i reccomend it.

I got the album and it's quite good, I like it! Thanks!

5. When we were young (The Killers) ---> Miracle Drug (especially edge's solo !!!)
  6. The Coldplay stuff that I have heard has a very U2 feel to me, especially their lead guitarist whose name I can't remember, unfortunately - e.g. Fix You. Quiet build up, then kicks in with a really powerful second half; reminds me of All I Want Is You, especially live...

And if anyone knows Runrig stuff (I'm hoping Casper will understand at least...), the intro to Road Trip from their latest album, the intro reminds me of One Tree Hill, even if only a short snippet...
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoyThe Coldplay stuff that I have heard has a very U2 feel to me, especially their lead guitarist whose name I can't remember, unfortunately - e.g. Fix You. Quiet build up, then kicks in with a really powerful second half; reminds me of All I Want Is You, especially live...

And if anyone knows Runrig stuff (I'm hoping Casper will understand at least...), the intro to Road Trip from their latest album, the intro reminds me of One Tree Hill, even if only a short snippet...

Haha, you're right about Runrig... (The lastest album is still all I have though)
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoyThe Coldplay stuff that I have heard has a very U2 feel to me, especially their lead guitarist whose name I can't remember,

Jonny Buckland

Especially on the track A Rush of Blood To The Head (Live)
  9. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Haha, you're right about Runrig... (The lastest album is still all I have though)

Glad you agree I hope you think it was worth getting

Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Jonny Buckland

Especially on the track A Rush of Blood To The Head (Live)

I REALLY need to get some of their stuff....
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    I REALLY need to get some of their stuff....

Try this one for starters:-

http://www.u2start.com/topic/3465/

I have Glastonbury '05/06 (can't remember which) somewhere too

The version I'm on about in my previous post comes from the limited edition Live in 2003 DVD which had a CD with it too. Another e-bay job I think.
    (or I might be able to cough something......)
  11. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Try this one for starters:-

http://www.u2start.com/topic/3465/

I have Glastonbury '05/06 (can't remember which) somewhere too

The version I'm on about in my previous post comes from the limited edition Live in 2003 DVD which had a CD with it too. Another e-bay job I think.
    (or I might be able to cough something......)

Nothing like coughing something
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Nothing like coughing something

Need to be on my main computer, not this laptop. But we'll see