1. I used to look down on people who wouldn't listen to Neil Young or Bob Dylan because they couldn't get past their voices. Then I heard KOL. I tried, but I just can't get into them.
  2. LOVE these guys!!!

I read that "Arizona" was about Caleb walking into a bar, now that he was a famous musician, and basically being able to pick any woman he wanted to sleep with that night, which he found to a certain point wrong and slightly depressing (VERY interesting view). The quote read something like this- "It's that feeling that, yeah, you could take the beautiful one, but you can't really tell where she's been. I chose the broken one...I know where she's been"

One of the only guitar riffs to ever completely twist my heart every single time its' played.

And "Closer"? WOW. What an album opener.
  3. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:LOVE these guys!!!

I read that "Arizona" was about Caleb walking into a bar, now that he was a famous musician, and basically being able to pick any woman he wanted to sleep with that night, which he found to a certain point wrong and slightly depressing (VERY interesting view). The quote read something like this- "It's that feeling that, yeah, you could take the beautiful one, but you can't really tell where she's been. I chose the broken one...I know where she's been"

One of the only guitar riffs to ever completely twist my heart every single time its' played.

And "Closer"? WOW. What an album opener.

Arizona might be their best track

4. I would agree. "Cold Desert" is an amazing song as well, which closes out OBTN.
  5. Originally posted by notcomingdown:I used to look down on people who wouldn't listen to Neil Young or Bob Dylan because they couldn't get past their voices. Then I heard KOL. I tried, but I just can't get into them.

Same here, don't like hick vocals
  6. Love their live DVD, live from O2 Arena. What a crowd and performance. Adding them on my must-see list for coming shows together with Snow Patrol and U2.

7. Manhattan+ The Bucket+ Notion+ Arizona = AWESOME. My absolute favorite songs by them. So far, and I just discovered them a few weeks ago.

I really fell in love with Caleb's voice; it's really rough, (Not chain-smoker rough) and unpolished, and the effect does crazy things to me.
  8. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

About Caleb's voice..it suits the music perfectly, I think. And I wondered if he could sing like that live..he can and he does.

Yeah, I completely hate it when you have an artist that can't sing live. I youtubed KOL, and one of the big reason I like the band is because Caleb can sing LIVE, as well as in the studio.

9. I really like KoL...They have something different in my opinion.

I got the last album in october, and I think it's a great album. Closer is one of my favorite songs, and you have to agree that Use Somebody is one of the best rock songs made in the last 10 years or more...Now I'm trying to discover the old stuff, and I'm ancious to do it.

I'd love to see then live, but I think it''s a difficult thing being here in Brazil...Never heard something about KoF think about playing here.

10. http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/52204

Kings Of Leon abandon gig after pigeon 'shits in bassist mouth

* July 24, 2010

Band covered in droppings as they try to play St Louis show

Kings Of Leon were forced to abandon their show in St Louis, Missouri last night (July 23) after they were hit by pigeon droppings.

An infestation of birds in the rafters of the Verizon Amphitheatre saw the band bombarded as soon as they took to the stage.

Writing on Twitter drummer Nathan Followill explained: "So sorry St Louis. We had to bail, pigeons shitting in Jared's mouth and it was too unsanitary to continue.

"Don't take it out on Jared, it's the fucking venue's fault. You may enjoy being shit on but we don't. Sorry for all who traveled many miles."

According to the band's management the quartet tried to continue but such was the ferocity and direction of the bird excrement that after three songs the group felt they could only call it a night and retreat.

"Jared [Followill] was hit several times during the first two songs," said management spokesman Andy Mendelsohn. "On the third song, when he was hit in the cheek and some of it landed near his mouth, they couldn't deal any longer. It's not only disgusting it's a toxic health hazard. They really tried to hang in there."

The pigeons had earlier provided fair warning of their intentions. Support bands The Postelles and The Stills left the stage complaining of getting riddled with large amounts of bird droppings.

"The Kings Of Leon decided to carry on regardless," the group added in a statement released today. "The band felt it would be unfair to the fans to cancel the show at that late moment."

"We couldn't believe what The Postelles and The Stills looked like after their sets. We didn't want to cancel the show, so we went for it. We tried to play. It was ridiculous."

Venue managers told the band's representatives earlier on Friday about "a significant pigeon infestation problem with summer shows over the years, but they were doing all they could to fix it," the statement said.

The band are set to play tonight (July 24) at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Chicago, pigeons willing.

xDDD
  11. Listened to them for the first time in ages over the weekend actually. Listened to their BBC Live Session at Maida Vale Studios (just prior to the release of Only By The Night) which is a really good listen.

Got a wee bit bored of them in the last 18 months . The UK was a total, continual KOL love in and Sex On Fire annoyed the shit out of me after hearing about 1500 teenage girls screaming when the played it in Glasgow.

Next album is important - be interesting to see which direction they go in