1. Cool,

Be curious to hear that. I'm trying an edit at the moment as well. It's based on an Mp3 version of an already compressed to the max song though..
  2. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:I can try. I used a website called bandlab. They used to have restrictions on how long of a song you could edit. It went over 5:59 minutes in length it would cut the song off at that time. They lengthen it to 14.59 minutes thank goodness. I’ve done a few songs now. They sound louder and better. It’s time consuming, but I love the edits

@Cgmorgan1986 Yesterday I posted a (demo) version of my edit of Winter in this topic: https://u2start.com/topic/11983/84/12/#926434

It's a tricky song to remix because of the production. Tried various things, and ended up giving Bono/Edge this "3D Audio" effect and enhancing/loudening the lead vocal. Its ehh.. interesting so maybe you want to check it out..
  3. Originally posted by melon51:[..]

@Cgmorgan1986 Yesterday I posted a (demo) version of my edit of Winter in this topic: https://u2start.com/topic/11983/84/12/#926434

It's a tricky song to remix because of the production. Tried various things, and ended up giving Bono/Edge this "3D Audio" effect and enhancing/loudening the lead vocal. Its ehh.. interesting so maybe you want to check it out..
    Sweet! I’ll check it out!
  4. Winter?
    I like the two versions
  5. I wish this was available on streaming services and I really wish it had been included on the NLOTH vinyl reissue. It vastly improves the album IMO.
  6. I love the Linear version, the ending is simply stunningly beautiful. BUT I find the choruses completly jarring and out of place. I've been thinking about doing a custom mix where I'd just replace the choruses with parts of the intro (before the verses, without voice)...
  7. Originally posted by Sev00:I love the Linear version, the ending is simply stunningly beautiful. BUT I find the choruses completly jarring and out of place. I've been thinking about doing a custom mix where I'd just replace the choruses with parts of the intro (before the verses, without voice)...
    Give it a try! I'd be curious to hear that version
  8. So I finally took the time to do it. For those of you who, like me, absolutely love Winter (version from Linear) for its verses and its melancholic ending, but despise its choruses for how "out of place" they sound, I made this "no chorus" edit, replacing them with repeated parts of the song

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-deliot-972604992/winter-no-chorus-edit

I tried to blend everything the best I could (this even required using moises.ai to get a separate voice track for one difficult blend). Should be pretty clean, but if there's suggestions to improve it I'm happy to try !
  9. U2's unreleased song of Winter was reworked by Coldplay and it became their biggest hit !! How shameful for Coldplay !!
  10. Originally posted by TRISTAN:U2's unreleased song of Winter was reworked by Coldplay and it became their biggest hit !! How shameful for Coldplay !!
    Which one would that be?