1. Originally posted by thebonodrums:1997-07-02 Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium

Performance:

First BRT review Well I know im gonna get flack for this, but performance was never amazing for me on the pop shows excluding Sarajevo and Mexico. But this, I will have to say was a great performance. They came right out with Mofo and the fun never stopped. Im a picky guy instrumentally, so I will have to say, I hated Larry's snare on this. It sounds not as good as recent years. Adam sounded great no problems there. Edge finally had everything fixed by this time so I cant complain there, and it was early enough into the tour that Bono's voice wasnt messed up yet. Overall good performance, 4 stars from sam!

4/5

Audience:

Another great audience. Maybe the best ive heard in awhile.

5/5

Overall

Highlights

I must say, the best part of the whole show was Rain. I know, I know streets is usually it for me, but it was somewhat week on this tour. It was unbelievable. It had a real Angel of Harlem feel and its good to have songs like that in the set. I LOVED this. Awesome.

MLK was HAUNTING in the key of B. Just beautiful.

ISHFWILF sounded great!

Lowlights

-Staring at the sun...always skip it. Liked it better on elevation.

-Edge screwing up one. A VERY avoidable mistake.

-I HATE EDGE'S KARAOKE. I cant believe that he EVER did this. so stupid...

4/5

Nice first up effort there Sam! Welcome aboard!

2. Oohh, that is harsh! Not a shred of brilliance to it as I stated but 2.5?! Oh dear!

Originally posted by haytrain:
    I'll make sure when I see them on the next tour, to try not to catch them on one of their last nights before jumping to the next leg.

Do you really think that this is a problem? Wouldn't this be a plus?

Originally posted by haytrainI love Bono's little speech during the intro of LNOE from Mexico City ("I wanted to meet God!")

Me too, great intro.

Originally posted by haytrain
    Random thought: How many times have we heard Bono ask Bruce and Willie to turn the lights off during New Years Day? You'd think they'd just do it at every show....oh well.

Perhaps it's part of the song...

3. thanks aussie!!!
  4. I fear my thoughts mirror Jeremy's. I shall post soon. No fear though as guess who's picking next

5. You know what Sam's choosing

6. Have I read the chosing order in the first post wrong? Thought it said reclinerman (wheres he?) was next then moi. No idea
  7. I can tell that Sam will pick a good one. If Reclinerman doesn't post that is. Anyway, we have a few days still, lets get this one reviewed first lol
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Have I read the chosing order in the first post wrong? Thought it said reclinerman (wheres he?) was next then moi. No idea

I correct myself. Sam next
  9. oh shit....i totally forgot about this. i got sooo caught up with college prep stuff and AP work.....i was completely overloaded. i'm gonna post up ASAP. this aint gonna happen again either
  10. Originally posted by stj0691:oh shit....i totally forgot about this. i got sooo caught up with college prep stuff and AP work.....i was completely overloaded. i'm gonna post up ASAP. this aint gonna happen again either

Plenty of time left dude...no stress.

11. Sunday mate. I'm the same, preparing for Uni. etc, s'all a bit of a bugger but I should be able to fit a spot of bootleg evaluation tomorrow