1. What do you mean by "Like Zooropa"?

Originally posted by drewhigginsThe Fun Loving Dicks

Originally posted by drewhiggins
    The whole show is a definite contender for Top Five Popmart.

I'd have to agree with that, from what I've heard so far.

2. You know how they played a lot of songs from Achtung Baby on the Zooropa / ZooTV Tour in almost every show? Well, this is what that was like. A lot of songs from Pop were played in every Popmart show. Kinda misleading a bit.

You liked that name for them?
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

You know how they played a lot of songs from Achtung Baby on the Zooropa / ZooTV Tour in almost every show? Well, this is what that was like. A lot of songs from Pop were played in every Popmart show. Kinda misleading a bit.

You liked that name for them?

Yeah, it's what I thought you meant. I think Milan 22/5/1992 had the most Achtung Baby songs featured. Only one missing was Acrobat. Even So Cruel was snippetted!

Fun Lovin' Dicks? I actually didn't mind them around that time. Remember Scooby Snacks?

But I'm quickly going off topic...
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

Yeah, it's what I thought you meant. I think Milan 22/5/1992 had the most Achtung Baby songs featured. Only one missing was Acrobat. Even So Cruel was snippetted!

Fun Lovin' Dicks? I actually didn't mind them around that time. Remember Scooby Snacks?

But I'm quickly going off topic...

Not really off topic, because it's in regards to the BRT - others probably would have been confused too.
  5. 1997-07-02 Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium

One of the Top 5 POPMart shows

Performance:

This was an excellent performance. Seriously, spot on guys. Mofo was really energetic and got my feet tapping lol. However, one setback for me was that you couldn't hear Edge sing on EBTTRT. This gig has the best performance on Miami (imo) , then is followed by an awsome Bullet, by Leg 1 standards. It also has my favorite POPMart performance of Discotheque. Larry was on Fire! I had noticed that my feet were moving particularly fast during it lol. Hold Me was another great one from this show, my second favorite performance of it (you'll read why later lol....). Mysterious Ways was hands down, my favorite POPMart performance of it. The band had great fun with it, and so did I. Oh, and Rain was just Brilliant! Suspicous Minds was funny lol, I enjoyed it because of that.......... "Get these bums outta here..." LOL, classic.

My favorite performances: Mofo, Miami, Bullet, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways and Rain.

4.8/5 (I know we don't have '4.8' here, but whatever lol)

Audience:

Freaking. Awsome. They made the show for me. Without them, this would be a standard POPMart gig. From the huge Welcoming, to the singing during ISHFWILF and All I Want Is You, to the cheering and singing during MW, to the singing during Rain. They Rocked. They are my favorite POPMart audience (well, just slightly ahead of Sarajevo). They went wild during Hold Me, they really got into it, that's why this one is my second favorite.

11/5

Overall

Great POPMart gig. Its grooved its way back into my top 10 favorites lol. Great Performances, awsome audience..... very good bootleg .

Highlights:

Mofo, ISHFWILF, All I Want Is You, Miami, Bullet, Discotheque, MW and Rain.

Lowlights:

I couldn't hear Edge sing during EBTTRT.

5/5

PS: I also added it back to the Bootleg page.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:final decision lies with Nick as to which recording we review. I suggest sticking with the unknown source as it's most likely from the DAT source which is much better than the Danafletch effort

what?

7. I don't know, but I just did mine now that I'm on..... before I get more homework lol. I don't see why not
  8. 1997-07-02 Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium

Performance:

First BRT review Well I know im gonna get flack for this, but performance was never amazing for me on the pop shows excluding Sarajevo and Mexico. But this, I will have to say was a great performance. They came right out with Mofo and the fun never stopped. Im a picky guy instrumentally, so I will have to say, I hated Larry's snare on this. It sounds not as good as recent years. Adam sounded great no problems there. Edge finally had everything fixed by this time so I cant complain there, and it was early enough into the tour that Bono's voice wasnt messed up yet. Overall good performance, 4 stars from sam!

4/5

Audience:

Another great audience. Maybe the best ive heard in awhile.

5/5

Overall

Highlights

I must say, the best part of the whole show was Rain. I know, I know streets is usually it for me, but it was somewhat week on this tour. It was unbelievable. It had a real Angel of Harlem feel and its good to have songs like that in the set. I LOVED this. Awesome.

MLK was HAUNTING in the key of B. Just beautiful.

ISHFWILF sounded great!

Lowlights

-Staring at the sun...always skip it. Liked it better on elevation.

-Edge screwing up one. A VERY avoidable mistake.

-I HATE EDGE'S KARAOKE. I cant believe that he EVER did this. so stupid...

4/5

9. 1997-07-02 - Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium

Performance

Well....in reading other people's reviews, I'm going to be in the minority. I thought it was a very lackluster performance by the band, perhaps they were looking past the gig at their 2+ week vacation coming up before starting the European leg. It sounded to me like they were all just going through the motions on almost every single one of these songs. Compared to your local rock band, the performance is still very good, but I hold U2 to a higher standard, and they just didn't deliver. Too many screw-ups (mainly lyrically, but some instrumental) and no real heartfelt interaction with the crowd. The only thing I can really remember where Bono had any real interaction with the crowd was when he mentions that the best seats are in the back, and where he thanks memberes of the crew.

2.5 of 5 stars

Audience
    The audience for this boot is strong. I'm sure it was a spectacle being at the show in person, but it doesn't translate for me in this bootleg. Nevertheless, they carry the bootleg on their backs.

4 of 5 stars

Sound

In my opinion, the sound is the best attribute of the bootleg. Surprisingly clear. Sure, there's a few hiccups, but I'm starting to realize just how commonplace these blips are in bootlegs.

4 of 5 stars

Overall

Decent bootleg, but the performance was pretty lackluster in my opinion. I'll make sure when I see them on the next tour, to try not to catch them on one of their last nights before jumping to the next leg. Sure they worked out the kinks that plagued them in early shows, but they just seem to not really care about connecting with the audience. If they did, it didn't translate well to the bootleg in my opinion.

3 of 5 stars

Highlights

Any MLK appearance is a good thing.
    Mofo

Lowlights
    Thank you, Fun Lovin' Criminals for ruining Edge's karaoke. Sure, it's karaoke and a little schmaltzy to being with, but you killed it by storming the stage and stealing Edge's little "moment."
    Botched lyrics and transitions (chorus to verse, bridge, etc.) throughout the show.
    Personally, I love Bono's little speech during the intro of LNOE from Mexico City ("I wanted to meet God!") but here it was just silence and felt flat.

Random thought: How many times have we heard Bono ask Bruce and Willie to turn the lights off during New Years Day? You'd think they'd just do it at every show....oh well.