1. I was assuming the unknown source, since it looks like it's the complete one of the two. If Nick wants to use the Danafletch source, I can upload those to Mediafire.
  2. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

I was assuming the unknown source, since it looks like it's the complete one of the two. If Nick wants to use the Danafletch source, I can upload those to Mediafire.

now I'm lost, lol
  3. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

I was assuming the unknown source, since it looks like it's the complete one of the two. If Nick wants to use the Danafletch source, I can upload those to Mediafire.

Me too.

Unknown source everyone?

4. i downloaded from mediafire.....my question is, are there two mediafire sources? ie the one on the boot page or jeremy's links?
  5. Originally posted by stj0691:[..]

i downloaded from mediafire.....my question is, are there two mediafire sources? ie the one on the boot page or jeremy's links?

The mediafire links on here mirror the one's on the boot page - Jeremy uploaded them. They are of the unknown source (rated 4 stars)
  6. Gerard, will you make a summary of IN-users?

PS. By the way, I thought I had said I was in...but I hadn't. I am IN for Foxboro, I will review it. I've heard it three times since I got it on Monday
  7. In for this week :

Nick
    Caper
    Gerard
    Harry
    Jeremy
    aussiemofo
    Dan
    Steve
    Sam
    drew
    Sergio
  8. final decision lies with Nick as to which recording we review. I suggest sticking with the unknown source as it's most likely from the DAT source which is much better than the Danafletch effort
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:final decision lies with Nick as to which recording we review. I suggest sticking with the unknown source as it's most likely from the DAT source which is much better than the Danafletch effort
    Agree.
  10. aussiemofo's review of 1997-07-02 - Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium

Performance

One of the better Popmart performances you will find. The band were in reasonably good form and appeared to have ironed out many of the problems that hampered them early on in the tour. This was their last show of the first leg and it was a good show to go out on.

One of the hallmarks of Popmart shows is the 'pumped up' opening sets and Foxboro was treated to a typically energetic Mofo, I Will Follow, Gone and Even Better . . . The show continued in much the same vain without being brilliant...perhaps there was something special missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was a solid effort but it probably doesn't measure up to Sarajevo or Leeds. I felt Bono gave it a little bit extra during some songs, notably New Year's Day, Pride and Hold Me, Thrill Me . . . Nothing much else to say here.

3.5/5 stars.

Audience

Possibly this boot's best feature. They were an excited bunch and let it show. Clapping, screaming, cheering, singing can all be regularly heard but not to an annoying extent which added to the listening experience.

4.5/5 stars

Sound

Pretty good. The 4 star rating in the bootleg section is pretty spot-on.

Overall

It's a Popmart show worth getting. There's not a shred of brilliance to it but it's Popmart (legendary tour), it's good sound and the band are in form so why not check it out?

Highlights
    - If You Wear That Velvet Dress is the best I've heard here. It's just played really well.

- I like Rain to close out the show.

Lowlights

- This is still an early Popmart set meaning it still has a few chinks in the armour. The appalling Miami is played and Edge has his karaoke number.

This karaoke is particularly annoying. As Edge tries to sing Suspicious Minds the dumbass Fun Lovin' Criminals crash the stage and yell out all through it - "Hey look everybody it's the Edge!", "The Edge, the Edge!" "This is the Edge! "Put your hands up for the Edge!" "This is the Edge!" "Come on, put 'em up for the Edge!" We know who the fuck he is ya dipshits!

Edge's retort is priceless though - "Get these bums outta here!"

Overall, an above average Popmart boot. 4/5 stars.

11. Originally posted by aussiemofo:
    This karaoke is particularly annoying. As Edge tries to sing Suspicious Minds the dumbass Fun Lovin' Criminals crash the stage and yell out all through it - "Hey look everybody it's the Edge!", "The Edge, the Edge!" "This is the Edge! "Put your hands up for the Edge!" "This is the Edge!" "Come on, put 'em up for the Edge!" We know who the fuck he is ya dipshits!

Edge's retort is priceless though - "Get these bums outta here!"

For those interested in seeing this debacle.....

12. Performance (4 stars)

Nick chose a great show here, and this happens to be in the top five Popmart performances over the two years of the entire tour - including Edmonton, Miami, Santiago and Johannesburg. I absolutely loved Mofo here. It's always a great performance but here the entire band gave it their all - the opening after the ending of Pop Muzik was particuarly awesome with Bono's chanting style. Was he saying Foxboro or something?

Like Zooropa, seven (yep, seven!) songs from Pop are played here. Confident? Nope, just fucking brilliant, in no less than two words.

I don't think there were any particularly bad performances, because by this time they'd fixed a lot of the songs up and rehearsed them properly. I always liked the Discotheque > If You Wear transition. Like Aussie, I found it better than a lot of previous and future shows. And MLK and Rain at the end of the show - hell yeah.

Stand By Me happens just happens to be a great song for U2 to play, All I Want Is You seriously needs a revisit because it is one of their very best songs live, and Miami - almost as good as the studio version. I could have cared less for karaoke and even Edge doesn't do it any good (and has officially ruined Suspicious Minds). The Fun Loving Dicks made the karaoke bearable - I actually found the whole thing quite funny.

The old classics (New Year's Day, With or Without You, Mysterious Ways, MLK...) for some reason sounded stale on other shows, but for some reason, tonight they gave it their all. The latter song is of particular note and haunting.

It's a real pity that The Playboy Mansion was never played as a full song.

Audience (5 stars)

The Foxboro locals gave it their all, and stayed on fire for the whole of this show. Of particular highlights is upon hearing the beginning chords of One and the falsetto on Please - they loved it. A lot of the songs they are singing along, in time to. That's indication of a great band and an even greater show.

Sound (4.5 stars)

The sound is a definite four stars (and even 4.5 if it came from a lossless source). The bass and instruments are all clear and very audible. An impressive recording, even if we don't know about who it was - the metadata gives nothing away. It sounds like a DAT tape, and a great recording - a lot of those sound too open-spaced and wobbly, but this was balanced perfectly on both sides.

And finally...

The whole show is a definite contender for Top Five Popmart. Easily five stars, great choice Nick.