1. I'm going to listen to their last three albums in order. Just that Open your Eyes and Chasing Cars where given as their best songs and they're quite similar.

What's also interesting is Lightbody singing voice has quite a pronounced Irish brogue, which even Bono doesn't exhibit, it does suit their balladeering style well though.
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Snow Patrol better than Coldplay, Radiohead etc? Way better than the Killers? That's a big statement.
    The Killer's are one of the best new bands around and very creative, they've already covered a variety of genres in only 3 albums.

But I'll listen to their last three albums and see how good they are

As I said, it's about taste. I'm fed up with Coldplay since I saw them live in Nijmegen. Was a solid and good show though, but I enjoyed U2 a lot more, even Snow Patrol was better in Amsterdam than Coldplay was in Nijmegen.

But that's not the only reason. The Killers are overrated in my vision. Never understood the fuzz about them. Muse is a different genre I think, they can't be compared to Snow Patrol at all.

Try Run by the way, one of their best tracks.
  3. Please stop comparing Muse with Snow Patrol..tha's even worse than comparing U2 with Coldplay

4. Yea, they are very different.

I don't know about Snow Patrol being better than the Killers though, the Killers are quite unique for a new band, they don't sound like all the other alternative/indie bands and they've changed their sound with every album. And Brandon reminds me of a young Bono, he has a distinctive voice.

But I will listen to their albums and see for myself
  5. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Yea, they are very different.

I don't know about Snow Patrol being better than the Killers though, the Killers are quite unique for a new band, they don't sound like all the other alternative/indie bands and they've changed their sound with every album. And Brandon reminds me of a young Bono, he has a distinctive voice.

But I will listen to their albums and see for myself

Maybe, not for me though. And in the end it's not about who's better, it's about who you like and what you like.
  6. Yes... just got Up To Now for Sinterklaas
  7. that´s a great gift of the sint ...
  8. Watched their live dvd yesterday, Live from Somerville. Pretty awesome stuff. Small gig, nice set tough.

I really enjoyed Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking, probably my fav Snow Patrol song of all

9. I just purchased it too for my friend. Like me, she was bummed that Snow Patrol were opening for U2 at Gillette instead of Muse, but we both became fans after the first night. I wish I had discovered them earlier because I really do like their music a lot.

10. Originally posted by markp91:Watched their live dvd yesterday, Live from Somerville. Pretty awesome stuff. Small gig, nice set tough.

I really enjoyed Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking, probably my fav Snow Patrol song of all

It is great song

And I have been listening to Lifeboats a lot of times this week...Always liked this songs, but I think I just discovered it's magic now.

11. Did anyone who taped a U2 show that they opened for happen to record their set, and just not have a place/reason to post it anywhere? Their setlist was awesome, and they really rocked the house when I saw them. If anyone has a recording from ANY gig, please speak up!