1. It keeps getting better and bigger...will it ever quit growning?
    Good job, Remy, Nate, Sergio, Dan, Gerard and the translaters!
  2. Sorry for pestering you again, but I just read the lossless FAQ and found a few small "errors" in some parts.

The "What is lossless material?" is slightly contradictory. It says "Lossless means in this case lossless data compression" and after that "Lossless material is uncompressed".
    Flac files for example are compressed.

"How can I recognize lossless material?" - The file extension is not necessarily an indication. Flac files are not always truly lossless. For example one can easily convert an mp3 to flac but still doesn't have a true lossless file but a file with lossy origin.
    A spectral/frequency analysis can tell you if your file is truly lossless.

"How can I burn lossless material to a CD?" For some versions of Nero (don't ask me which ones) there is a flac plugin which lets you directly burn your files to an Audio CD without converting it to wav.

and finally:

"I don't know what suits me better, lossy (MP3's) or lossless material?"
    If you don't know, try using lossless files, you can always convert them to lossy format for personal use if it suits you better - the opposite isn't possible.

3. Think that was an online copy and paste. Easily simplified. Itl be done by tonight.
  4. please excuse me for my 'dumbness' lol, but what is lossless?

[/n00b]
  5. Thanks, sounds great

6. Just promo talk, although not based on facts at all.

Great addition, I'd say. Actually quite simple to add a lossless section and video-bootlegs, I never thought about that. Thanks Remy and the entire crew for making this possible. Also many thanks to all the uploaders to provide us with this lovely dovey stuff.

7. Find me a website where people can download more lossy U2 bootlegs for free, where you can sort the bootlegs on quality, source, find covers, reviews and from this many sources
  8. Originally posted by yeah:Sorry for pestering you again, but I just read the lossless FAQ and found a few small "errors" in some parts.

The "What is lossless material?" is slightly contradictory. It says "Lossless means in this case lossless data compression" and after that "Lossless material is uncompressed".
    Flac files for example are compressed.

"How can I recognize lossless material?" - The file extension is not necessarily an indication. Flac files are not always truly lossless. For example one can easily convert an mp3 to flac but still doesn't have a true lossless file but a file with lossy origin.
    A spectral/frequency analysis can tell you if your file is truly lossless.

"How can I burn lossless material to a CD?" For some versions of Nero (don't ask me which ones) there is a flac plugin which lets you directly burn your files to an Audio CD without converting it to wav.

and finally:

"I don't know what suits me better, lossy (MP3's) or lossless material?"
    If you don't know, try using lossless files, you can always convert them to lossy format for personal use if it suits you better - the opposite isn't possible.

I wrote the last question this way so you would respond, I knew it

Thanks for the additions/fixes, we will rewrite it a bit and put a new FAQ online. Thanks!
  9. Originally posted by yeah:As for the videos, that's another good idea, too. I'll take a video 10 times over an audio recording There I'd suggest the same treatment as for the audio stuff. Some filmers don't want their stuff to be converted...
    Also, depending on the source material, I'd suggest using a higher bitrate and to use the xvid codec. Some 1200 kb divx videos are unwatchable on full screen.
    Oh and it wouldn't be a bad idea to provide screen shots taken from the converted files and not the Original DVD...

For my new rips, I will convert it to a higher bitrate, screenshots are taken from achtungbootlegs, when I can find them there I will make them myself. Same for the video preview.
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Find me a website where people can download more lossy U2 bootlegs for free, where you can sort the bootlegs on quality, source, find covers, reviews and from this many sources

True, but I think Yeah is pointing to U2Torrents and The Traders Den where more losless recordings are stored. But it's just a matter of time for us to get to that point. I'm not criticising this lovely site Remy..