1. Wasting Light is a classic LP . No question .

Sonic Highways is just totally different , especially after the first 2 tracks .

The Foo's earlier works had some great songs , but they just weren't great albums.

Similar to the pre-Tommy Who albums .

Not liking Grohl is fine of course . Its all subjective .

There are many fans on this site who absolutely adore U2s Pop . IMO it was a brutal , embarrassing release . I gave up on U2 then , and was listening to Pearl Jam non stop in '97 . Not U2 .

Its all just a mater of opinion .
  2. If someone on the street would ask me, name a foo fighters song, I really wouldn't have a clue. I do know it's the band of the drummer of Nirvana. Guess that sums it up.
  3. Everlong
  4. I am not much of a FF fan (nothing against them, they just didn't stand above the Seattle band in my world) but I will say one thing:

Everlong is a fucking awesome song.
  5. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]
    Kieran , here's the thing , EV has never showed remorse for his disgusting stunts he pulled . Thats my issue with him. The rest of the band did . It was anti - American , at the absolute wrong time . Why not put on a Bin Laden mask ? Not politically correct maybe ? Didn't Bin kill 3000 Americans ?

Did EV wear the GWB mask after the Uniondale incident? I know they still played the song a few more times (even as late as 2006) but did he still continue with the theatrics?

(Sorry, I should move this question to the PJ thread).
  6. Originally posted by Malahide:If someone on the street would ask me, name a foo fighters song, I really wouldn't have a clue. I do know it's the band of the drummer of Nirvana. Guess that sums it up.
    Yep, that's what i know from The Poo Fighters at all.
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

Did EV wear the GWB mask after the Uniondale incident? I know they still played the song a few more times (even as late as 2006) but did he still continue with the theatrics?

(Sorry, I should move this question to the PJ thread).
    I'm not sure . I'd say no , but I'll look into it.

I do know this , EV would have had a fucking riot on his hands if he pulled that shit at MSG .
  8. Originally posted by EDDMB:Sonic Highways is a great release IMO and I love the HBO series ... The album is crisp , loud and clear . I Am A River is brilliant , and I love In The Clear , Feast and the Famine , Subterranean , What Did I Do/ God as my Witness .

99% agreed (1% is for In the Clear .. i don't like it that much hehe)
    great album indeed and if not their best the issue is a tough one at least.
    Outside, Something and I'm A River (fantastic) is my podium. Feast classic Foo's
    it's not very clear if songs of innocence is so much better .. i would not give a kidney away for that hehe

series is very very beautiful, every bit is a pleasure to watch (can't wait for the Subterranean episode .. )
    loved Washington a lot .. perfectly show how "indie" has become a vacuous word by now
  9. Originally posted by clover68:[..]

Outside, Something and I'm A River (fantastic) is my podium. Feast classic Foo's
    it's not very clear if songs of innocence is so much better .. i would not give a kidney away for that hehe

series is very very beautiful, every bit is a pleasure to watch (can't wait for the Subterranean episode .. )
    loved Washington a lot .. perfectly show how "indie" has become a vacuous word by now
    i miss you
  10. Originally posted by clover68:[..]

I like Sonic Highways more and more after each listen .