1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:It's certainly not a bad album, though I don't think it's great either. The title track has been growing on me more and more, I really love it. Something about it reminds of the weird, desert-conjuring vibes of The Joshua Tree's b-sides.
    Title track is the only one I can seem to enjoy. It's got a great vibe to it.
  2. 1 out of 10... Worse ratio than Muse, just when we thought that wasn't possible
  3. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Happy for all who can enjoy this album but fir me it's a complete throwaway. I'm grateful for their first 2 albums, I'll always cherish them.

Have to say I sort of agree. Hot Fuss and Sam's Town are like Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby for me (not in terms of greatness, in terms of them both being really great in their own right and never being able to decide which one I think is better), Day and Age is sort of like October (in that it's listenable because I'm a fan, but I wouldn't say it touches their first two albums), and this new one is sort of like Passengers, in that you can barely hear what band members contributed to which tracks, there's barely any guitar involved, and they probably shouldn't have released it under the name "The Killers".

There are 6 standout tracks on the album for me, but I still can't get over how different (and sort of cheesy, for lack of a better word) their sound and lyrics are these days, and the lack of Dave is hugely apparent. It's like watching a movie sequel where a different actor plays a character you loved from the previous film - you still like the new movie, but something feels off and you just wish it could've been the same as the first one.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

Have to say I sort of agree. Hot Fuss and Sam's Town are like Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby for me (not in terms of greatness, in terms of them both being really great in their own right and never being able to decide which one I think is better), Day and Age is sort of like October (in that it's listenable because I'm a fan, but I wouldn't say it touches their first two albums), and this new one is sort of like Passengers, in that you can barely hear what band members contributed to which tracks, there's barely any guitar involved, and they probably shouldn't have released it under the name "The Killers".

There are 6 standout tracks on the album for me, but I still can't get over how different (and sort of cheesy, for lack of a better word) their sound and lyrics are these days, and the lack of Dave is hugely apparent. It's like watching a movie sequel where a different actor plays a character you loved from the previous film - you still like the new movie, but something feels off and you just wish it could've been the same as the first one.
    I couldn't describe it any better.

Spot on.

Sadly
  5. Thanks, and yeah

I really thought this band had the potential to be "the next U2" whatever that means. After Sam's Town it was clear they weren't afraid to change up their sound, even if it meant alienating part of their fanbase - but the quality remained great, that was the key thing about it. I think after that album you could start seeing that they didn't really know what their identity was anymore and what people liked about their band.
  6. Reminds me of the Jacknife Lee remix of Bullet The Blue Sky.
  7. Have to say Tyson v Douglas is right up there with my favourite killers songs. Lyrically, musically, everything about it, huge fan.
  8. Amazing!
    Filmed by Tim Clifford in Falvey's Bar, Killorglin, at the wake of the much loved Ger 'Farmer' Foley.
  9. I'm loving the album, have listened to it about 3 times now and am starting to get familiar with the songs.

They performed the pre-game show at the AFL Grand Final (Aussie Superbowl) on Saturday and were amazing.
  10. Finally got around to listening to the new album. Pretty good. The singles have grown on me a lot.
  11. Had it on in the car today too. Some great tunes on it. Sombre record in parts though. Bit bible-y.