1. i bought the album today but i haven't had time to listen to it as i'm too busy organising stuff for a permanent move. so as this will almost certainly be my last post here's a parting gift

https://killersbootlegarchive.wordpress.com/
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:I think The Killers prioritize the relationship they have with each other as ordinary people over the relationships they have with each other through the band, so if any of them want to leave I'm certain it will always be on good terms.

But Brandon is a career musician so he will continue to release solo material regardless.

The Killers aren't like U2 where they were pals growing up, they literally met each other for the purpose of a band. Dave put out the ad, Brandon responded, Mark and Ronnie were fans from another local bands that were invited for their skills. They've even got a rule that they don't give gifts to each other because once Mark gave them all songbooks that he hoped they could bond over but saw them laying around the tour area untouched. They've said that they really only got to know each other once they were forced to sit on a bus together and tour the world. I think their relationship has always been a "business" one, maybe more like close co-workers. Every compromise they've made was for the good of the band.

I agree about Brandon and that they'll probably never get into any grand feuds with each other, which really shows how mature they are for the sake of their music. But I do think they cherish their time apart from each other too.
  3. worst album of career imo
  4. Listened to it a few times so far, I quite like it.

1. Wonderful Wonderful - 6/10
    2. The Man - 8/10
    3. Rut - 6/10
    4. Life to Come - 7/10
    5. Run for Cover - 9/10
    6. Tyson vs. Douglas - 7/10
    7. Some Kind of Love - 7/10
    8. Out of My Mind - 7/10
    9 . The Calling - 5/10
    10. Have All The Songs Been Written? - 8/10

Average: 7/10
  5. I agree iTim. I’ve listened to it a bunch of times so far, I love it. Especially tracks 3 through 7.

1. Wonderful Wonderful - 6/10
    2. The Man - 7/10
    3. Rut - 9/10
    4. Life to Come - 10/10
    5. Run for Cover - 9/10
    6. Tyson vs. Douglas - 9/10
    7. Some Kind of Love - 10/10
    8. Out of My Mind - 5/10
    9 . The Calling - 5/10
    10. Have All The Songs Been Written? - 7/10

Average: 7.7/10
  6. Got tickets to see them in Amsterdam
  7. i think so: when an album contains 10 songs like that one of Killers and 6-7 song are really bad ,is it a good album? nooooo, imo
  8. Life to come is the best thing they've done in a while. Think it's a great album with the exception of the closing track, which, IMO is naff.
  9. This definitely feels like a Killers album. To me their music has always evoked that Vegas imagery and each album has been a reimagination of that same particular feel. I get that vibe here as I have in all their previous albums. However, it also feels like a clear progression in their musical style, expanding on themes seen in both Battle Born and The Desired Effect. It's a solid album that I don't regret purchasing, so a win in my book.
  10. It's certainly not a bad album, though I don't think it's great either. The title track has been growing on me more and more, I really love it. Something about it reminds of the weird, desert-conjuring vibes of The Joshua Tree's b-sides.
  11. Happy for all who can enjoy this album but fir me it's a complete throwaway. I'm grateful for their first 2 albums, I'll always cherish them.