1. They definitely have enough great songs to put a great set together. But it's not like U2 where we're begging for deep cuts to be played. I'm fine with them playing a hits set because, well, they don't have a ton of other songs I'd rather see :p
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:They definitely have enough great songs to put a great set together. But it's not like U2 where we're begging for deep cuts to be played. I'm fine with them playing a hits set because, well, they don't have a ton of other songs I'd rather see :p
    I'm like that as well with the killers, even though I like the vast majority of there songs the singles are my favourite so when I go and see them that's what I want to hear. Having said that I would have loved to have heard the sams town shows they did which is a seriously underrated album, it's probably in my top 20 albums ever, I would maybe take some of the lesser know ones on that over certain singles.
  3. Same here. And being a huge fan of the arguably two biggest Killers' contemporary bands (Muse and Arctic Monkeys mostly), it's striking that most of the Killers' fans are like us in the sense that you rarely -if ever- see somebody heartfully asking "Please pretty please, play Leave The Bourbon On The Shelf or A Crippling Blow!!!", while most Muse fans will freak out if they belt out Cave or Fury, and sure all Arctic Monkeys fanatics would love if the band played D Is For Dangerous or Cigarette Smoker Fiona every now and then. Victims are happier than Xmas having all the hits there, the more the better.
  4. I love Wonderful Wonderful, I think Dave not being on it prominently is a bummer but I still like most of what I hear. On the topic of Dave, doesn't seem like he'll be around much longer but the band still have one more record on their contract and WW is looking to be their first US #1 so we'll see. This article and this notification don't inspire much confidence that Dave will be back in a big way though:

http://www.celebretainment.com/music/the-killers-had-group-therapy-sessions/article_f1c980f2-6c1c-5460-ab30-9475dd0ba6c1.html

5. Just purchased the album, gonna give it a listen after dinner. Thoughts soon to follow...
  6. Haha, I'd say that's Dave thinking that's a funny comment more than anything else. For all we know they're still cool and they've just been a little misinterpreted by their more...."excitable" fans. Dave was quoted in that Q interview as saying they're like "brothers", which isn't something you just say.

As far as the future of the band, I think this might be it. I guess it depends on what the contract stipulates (are they legally obligated to come back?), if Dave (and Mark) actually DO want to come back for the writing/recording process or if that's just wishful thinking, and if so, will Brandon and Ronnie actually want them there after they've been taking a break? What if Brandon and Ronnie feel as though the other musicians they have touring with them deserve a shot to be in "The Killers"? What if they jam new ideas on the road and they feel like they should record them with those guys? Who knows. The only thing we do know is that the only official word that came from the band themselves straight to their fans was that note they posted on instagram, and if that's all we had to go off of, everything is hunky dory. These news sites can twist words, leave out other quotes that give a little more context, etc. - they want clicks, you know?

I've probably said it here and definitely elsewhere, but I think U2 has spoiled many of us into thinking that bands SHOULD stick together at all costs, and it's weird and sad when they don't. Truth is, most, and I mean MOST other bands either don't last, or change out members at least once throughout their careers. It's almost weird that U2 have managed to stay together as long as they have without ever taking a professional break for personal reasons etc. But what I mean is, most other people look at this Killers thing and say "eh, it was bound to happen". I look at it and think "why can't they make it work "
  7. I think The Killers prioritize the relationship they have with each other as ordinary people over the relationships they have with each other through the band, so if any of them want to leave I'm certain it will always be on good terms.

But Brandon is a career musician so he will continue to release solo material regardless.
  8. Alright I just listened through Wonderful Wonderful and my first impression is that the album as a whole is quite enjoyable to listen to. There were no songs that made me want to skip through and ultimately I see myself including this album in full on my general playlists. There were parts of the album that reminded me of the ambient nature of some songs on Battle Born, but also strong vocals from Brandon's solo album, The Desired Effect. I'd need to listen through each song again to gather specific thoughts.
  9. I'm actually really quite bothered by the fact that The Killers logo is not on the cover.
  10. Same. I don't like the photo either, it looks like a placeholder. The photo for the deluxe edition is better.
  11. I have the deluxe edition from iTunes and it isn't different? Might have to look this up!
  12. Oh. I see the difference now. Still kind of hate it.