1. Originally posted by ahn1991:Yes, I would like a farewell gig.

I'm also still a little bitter that I wasn't able to see them in a proper non-festival setting as of yet.

This
  2. Make it four.

It doesn't look like they'll be releasing the Wembley DVD either They probably would have done it in a release with the greatest hits. Shame.
  3. It was discussed a while back here... they probably don't want to release a DVD showing a half-empty Wembley stadium.
  4. Why did they play Wembley?

5. Because they thought they'd fill it and it could be a landmark in their career (and it was anyway, even if they didn't sell it out). But not filling the stadium and playing just a "standard" show probably disappointed them and helped setting their negative mood towards touring and all. I bet we wouldn't be talking about splitting up, quitting touring etc if they had sold out Wembley, recorded the show and released it.
  6. Wembley was half empty? I didn't think so from the little footage I've seen of it? Anybody have the statistics as to how full it was cuz it looked about 80% full at least.
  7. It was about 80% full, indeed. It was just the top tier that was a little empty. I recall from the footage that the standing area at the back was a little vacant but sometimes venues do that for safety.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:It was about 80% full, indeed. It was just the top tier that was a little empty. I recall from the footage that the standing area at the back was a little vacant but sometimes venues do that for safety.

Hmm yeah I just thought they brought people down to the GA I didn't realize they hadn't technically sold out I guess that would leave a sour taste in your mouth and not want to release the DVD, even though it could have been epic.
  9. They shouldn't have played Wembley in the first place. Emirates would have suited them better.
  10. I think it was under a 80% of attendance, maybe somewhere around 65%... I might be wrong though.

And they wanted to play Wembley just because it's Wembley, not because of the capacity. And I'm sure a lot of the audience was there just because it was Wembley, it was a one-off in their career (I was about to go just for that reason as well), so they wouldn't have sold out the Emirates or Twickenham either, imo.
  11. But did Wembley technically sell out? I guess not if we're looking at 65% attendance...

I honestly thought they could have sold out Wembley. Then again, The Killers may be one of those bands that just thrives in arenas and doesn't really feel comfortable with stadiums.