1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yep, it was posted a few days back. The album credits our four guys as "songwriters" so I think it must be Kendrick singing over an existing U2 tune without the vocals.
    I hope it is more than that. Usually though if it is just a sample they don't get a feature credit.
  2. Yes, that's why I said "an existing tune". I don't think they'd get songwriting credits for just a sample, it must be a full song (either original or remixed).
  3. It'll be interesting to hear. I know Edge was a fan of his last album.
  4. I would've thought it would just be a sample. That way we can blame Kendrick if it's bad

It could be more though if they're so prominent on the tracklist. Hope they don't cock it up.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, that's why I said "an existing tune". I don't think they'd get songwriting credits for just a sample, it must be a full song (either original or remixed).
    They would get credit for a sample. That is why rap songs for example have many writers. Just not a feature. I'm interested in this. Not a big Kendrick fan by any means but he is OK.
  6. I wanna see Kendrick drop this album for free into peoples iTunes libraries and see if there is as much outrage as SOI.
  7. Very excited by this- hopefully not just a sample. Glad they have got off the Kanye and Jay Z bandwagon- neither are anywhere near being greats in hip hop- Kendrick however will be.
  8. Hahaha, imagine the social media backlash... "U2 in my iPod AGAIN????"
  9. I LOVE Kendrick Lamar. Very politically charged lyrically. I remember a reporter asked Bono and Edge who they think the next big band is going to be. They kind of looked at each other and said Kendrick Lamar. They love him.

10. They called U2 a boy band...
  11. boy Band U2 ?