1. Blonde was ok. The shades aren't great though.

Wraparound ones are the best for Bono.
  2. Originally posted by allad1nsane:Re: VEGAS, I HEART RADIO NEXT FRIDAY

The guys are all in LA. Bono's been seen at Drake's show in LA this week and "magically showed up" at One Republic's studio today. I'm thinking his is going to be a collab show. (OR and Drake are two of the [7-8?] bands scheduled to perform Friday night.

Right now the lineup is 7-8 bands one night. Being advertised as "mind blowing collaborations": I'm guessing -- and this is COMPLETELY not substantiated but I sense the show may be almost entirely collab performances. Which, could actually be pretty f-ing interesting. Otherwise U2 should be starting around 3 am otherwise.

Here is the line up: U2 DRAKE SIA TWENTY ONE PILOTS SAM HUNT BILLY IDOL ONEREPUBLIC

I can practically guarantee a SIA-U2 collab, and since OR basically wants to BE U2...

So. What do we think?
    I'll I am thinking at this point is thank god it wasn't Pitbull's night.

$5 says everyone on stage for ONE encore.

I thought the Billy Idol thing was a wild card until someone suggested a Discotheque > White Wedding > The Fly sequence [never gonna happen, but it made me think] <-----EDIT: JOKE

I'm not sure if I'm onto something or have gone completely tinfoil hat. Help a sister out....

A Billy Idol - U2 collab would be the one I'd be most interested in. The Sia. After that... a complete who cares....
  3. Shame U2 and Sting are on different nights. That would be the only collaboration there I'd care about.
  4. If there is to be a U2 collab, I'm going to hope for Billy Idol. Sirius XM played him live in vegas a few weeks ago and I think his voice has held up remarkably, I think he'd sing any of U2's older songs pretty good (or at least better than Springsteen ). Sadly, I think they'll stick U2 with a younger performer if they get a collaboration at all. And then again, with the festival being in vegas is it too much to hope for an appearance from The Killers? Doubtful but I can't help thinking...
  5. Sting -- no. Gahhhhhh. To each his/her own.
  6. I wish they would collab with Cage The Elephant They're an AMAZING band. Edge said they were the best act he saw at Coachella in 2014.
  7. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:If there is to be a U2 collab, I'm going to hope for Billy Idol. Sirius XM played him live in vegas a few weeks ago and I think his voice has held up remarkably, I think he'd sing any of U2's older songs pretty good (or at least better than Springsteen ). Sadly, I think they'll stick U2 with a younger performer if they get a collaboration at all. And then again, with the festival being in vegas is it too much to hope for an appearance from The Killers? Doubtful but I can't help thinking...
    There was also a great BTBS drum fill on Billy's last album (which, btw, gets a 5-star review from this critic if you haven't listened to it.)
  8. I watched bits and pieces of Charlie Rose interview with Bono (the full interview will be aired tonight in the US). He said that Donald Trump is "potentially the worst idea that ever happened to America" and he said that we shouldn't underestimate the angst of Trump supporters. Other than that, he said the usual stuff: America is an idea, etc.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I watched bits and pieces of Charlie Rose interview with Bono (the full interview will be aired tonight in the US). He said that Donald Trump is "potentially the worst idea that ever happened to America" and he said that we shouldn't underestimate the angst of Trump supporters. Other than that, he said the usual stuff: America is an idea, etc.
    The next four years is really going to push the idea to it's limits. This has to be the worst candidate pool we've had to make a choice in my lifetime... I don't trust either one of them as far as I can spit. Both terrible. I might just be pulling a George Carlin this.

But, so I can't be accused of veering off topic... I am looking forward to seeing the Charlie Rose interview tonight!
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I watched bits and pieces of Charlie Rose interview with Bono (the full interview will be aired tonight in the US). He said that Donald Trump is "potentially the worst idea that ever happened to America" and he said that we shouldn't underestimate the angst of Trump supporters. Other than that, he said the usual stuff: America is an idea, etc.
    Currently watching the interview with Charlie Rose. Honestly, it's a bit refreshing to see Bono in an interview that isn't a late-night talk show. At about a half hour in there isn't anything shocking or new, but definitely interesting stuff regarding Bono's inspirations/motivations behind his writing and how he's been coping with being unable to play the guitar.