1. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    LOL You're not PAPA LAZAROU are you? I'd be your wife now to be amongst all that stuff. Just sayin'.

PS definitely wouldn't just for the record lol. It's pretty cool though *highfive*.

Thats one room boxed up ready for a redesign
  2. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Ha ha ha! That made me laugh. I'm only him on Halloween night, thats all. Wanna buy some pegs Dave?
    My son gets lost in these rooms of mine. I often find him tucked away checking stuff out. He loves the music! Has no choice.
    Haha ! Is that the time...?

Life would seem pretty meaningless without a music shrine / U2 shrine / mancave methinks! I think anyone would get lost amongst all that though - but there's no better thing to be lost amongst...

3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Haha ! Is that the time...?

Life would seem pretty meaningless without a music shrine / U2 shrine / mancave methinks! I think anyone would get lost amongst all that though - but there's no better thing to be lost amongst...

[YouTube Video]
    Thats what my boy says! He made me laugh a few weeks ago. He deliberately hid from me, all i could hear was 'DAD! Its like fuckin' Narnia in here, i'm expecting to see a faun!!'
  4. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Thats what my boy says! He made me laugh a few weeks ago. He deliberately hid from me, all i could hear was 'DAD! Its like fuckin' Narnia in here, i'm expecting to see a faun!!'
    So have you been slowly trying to get it all digital? There's like a lifetimes work there with the looks of it!

It's taken me the best part of the last 20 years to go through my CD's with a couple of shelf units full and 3 carry cases worth of stuff without the jewel cases (had to sling them for storage reasons), plus a hard disk disaster or two along the way means I'm having to recatalog a bunch of stuff again - I'm quite nerdy about my digital music library.

Then there's the endless bootlegs.

"A work... that's never done..."
  5. Indeed. If you could see what is under the oak table where my computers are let alone whats in the boxes!!! In my studio there are thousands and thousands of cassettes full of all sorts of recordings off radio and bootlegged. I am trying to transfer the audio to files.
  6. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:Indeed. If you could see what is under the oak table where my computers are let alone whats in the boxes!!! In my studio there are thousands and thousands of cassettes full of all sorts of recordings off radio and bootlegged. I am trying to transfer the audio to files.
    Awesome stuff! I had over a thousand audio cassette bootlegs (largely U2 and Simple Minds and a few others) at the turn of the millennium and about 300 VHS videos worth of material, lots of rare stuff - stuff that I haven't even seen crop up on the internet (particularly Simple Minds), low-gen, off the masters etc from pre-internet trading days, kept in storage at my folks house. Then came their basement flood.

Still gutted, and it put me off collecting and even music for a short while. But its kinda probably been a blessing in disguise I suppose as I had started transferring some of it to digital around the time, and I'd probably still be doing it in the next 5 lifetimes if such a thing were possible. All good fun though!

7. First floor
    Of the building